Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
You don't own a chain saw?

That's a man card violation. Even if you don't have any trees on your property, every man is required to own a gas powered chain saw.

I don't make the rules. :dunno:
I got a 36" steel fer mine.

:leer:

dchawk81

You don't own a chain saw?

That's a man card violation. Even if you don't have any trees on your property, every man is required to own a gas powered chain saw.

I don't make the rules. :dunno:
Haha nope although I've considered one. But it'd be kind of a waste since all I have is two trees that need trimmed. The offending branches are small enough for a sawzall.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Haha nope although I've considered one. But it'd be kind of a waste since all I have is two trees that need trimmed. The offending branches are small enough for a sawzall.
You need to get one.

You have to take it out of the box and put it on a shelf in the garage.

If you don't plan to ever use it, don't put gas in it. Or we might have to argue about ethanol again. :D

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
You need to get one.

You have to take it out of the box and put it on a shelf in the garage.

If you don't plan to ever use it, don't put gas in it. Or we might have to argue about ethanol again. :D
Macho, Macho, man.:rolllaugh:

dchawk81

OH and I almost forgot...

The chain saw has to be made in USA
Are there any of those left?

Made in and headquartered in aren't the same.

Eg NewHolland tractors. Still has headquarters here in PA where it was founded for posterity but actually Italian now with manufacturing in India.

Quick Google search says Stihl is the only USA made chainsaw anymore and they're a German company. Apparently that's also only the gassers, and the components are mostly foreign.

IOW you can't truly be a jingoistic troglodyte anymore no matter how hard you try.

Last edited:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Are there any of those left?

Made in and headquartered in aren't the same.

Eg NewHolland tractors. Still has headquarters here in PA where it was founded for posterity but actually Italian now with manufacturing in India.

Quick Google search says Stihl is the only USA made chainsaw anymore and they're a German company. Apparently that's also only the gassers, and the components are mostly foreign.

IOW you can't truly be a jingoistic troglodyte anymore no matter how hard you try.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

dchawk81

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
If yer gonna go all 'merican only ya gotta know what you're buying.

Otherwise you're just dumb.

Wanna support American workers? Buy a certain Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai. They're assembled here.

My Fusion was assembled in Mexico. But hey the bulk of the money went to the suits in Detroit so uh... 'murica!

Nomad1

Wanna support American workers? Buy a certain Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai. They're assembled here.

My Fusion was assembled in Mexico. But hey the bulk of the money went to the suits in Detroit so uh... 'murica!
Nissan makes a lot of their cars and trucks here

Duck

Quack
Supporter

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Go back to where I first said the chain saw has to be made in the USA and look at who I was replying to. Maybe you'll get the point.

:stirpot2: