Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Now speaking from my own experiences here.....my late husband was a fisherman and a hunter....he had three pickups , two boats, motor home, pull camper, 32 fishing poles, six tackle boxes, four tolling motors, ect ect to much to list ....lost his health for 20 years......and then lost the desire to enjoy the fruits of his labor.
I know the feeling. I've had a bigger dream of having a shop to work on cars. I love tinkering and making them run. I've always wanted to build myself a hotrod and a 4wd pickup.

It'll never happen now.

The camper, boat and ATV at least compliment my joy of photography also. Letting me spend time in locations I'd likely not have a chance otherwise.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I know the feeling. I've had a bigger dream of having a shop to work on cars. I love tinkering and making them run. I've always wanted to build myself a hotrod and a 4wd pickup.

It'll never happen now.

The camper, boat and ATV at least compliment my joy of photography also. Letting me spend time in locations I'd likely not have a chance otherwise.
Holy crap man you're basically an elderly version of me. No wonder we get along so well.

(((ME)))

It'll never happen now.

I can relate to this too....son has two Harleys been riding since he was 13 years old....has a 1969 firebird that was a son and mom project. Is building a 1954 dodge pickup short bed long back window for a show truck....another 1952 dodge orginal all over top to bottom...with orginal six banger in it...I sometimes find myself wadding threw tools, grease rags and such right along with him.....daughter into arts and crafts and funky yard decoration .....with her find myself helping her build things like frog ponds....assembling patio furniture and swings ect ect. I offen said life a cherry bowl just don't keep the pits.

gearjammer

jammer
Supporter
Early this evening coyote's were singing off they must have made a score....storm moving in and critters gorge themselves then find shelter to wait out storm....full moon distrubing weather humans are restless....and yet the hands on the clock keep turning.
just get a game collar, stake out a rabbit or chicken, a shotgun auto or pump draw them in and blast the hell out of them
just stay downwind of your bait, while I can't walk far I helped out least fall down at a park there was 4 spots setup most had shotguns I was allowed to use my .223 sniper rifle there was about twenty hunters there and before it was over we killed over 60 of them, two people wanted the hides to tan and skinned them all the caresses were then disposed of in a deep hole at the back of the park.
it didn't get them all but people's livestock and pets haven't been bother since and the park finds a lot fewer of the wildlife killed .
they are planning a hunt for next spring the never advertise them beforehand to keep the tree huggers at bay

(((ME)))

just get a game collar, stake out a rabbit or chicken, a shotgun auto or pump draw them in and blast the hell out of them
just stay downwind of your bait, while I can't walk far I helped out least fall down at a park there was 4 spots setup most had shotguns I was allowed to use my .223 sniper rifle there was about twenty hunters there and before it was over we killed over 60 of them, two people wanted the hides to tan and skinned them all the caresses were then disposed of in a deep hole at the back of the park.
it didn't get them all but people's livestock and pets haven't been bother since and the park finds a lot fewer of the wildlife killed .
they are planning a hunt for next spring the never advertise them beforehand to keep the tree huggers at bay
They are a nuisances for the ranchers here. Don't know what hides are paying now. I got my place all fenced in with field fence wire 6 ft up from the ground to try to keep them off my place.... My land borders a ranchers land and in time he going to have to clean them out or loose his cattle.....darn costly lose too.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Why do they put solar panels on a truck, the truck is driving during the day and generating electricity drama and parked at night when it needs the solar panels, but there's no sun

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Why do they put solar panels on a truck, the truck is driving during the day and generating electricity drama and parked at night when it needs the solar panels, but there's no sun
The solar panels can take some of the load off the alternator during the day which saves on fuel and repairs. They can generate some when parked at night if they are getting enough artificial light. At least that's the claims. I've studied them some. I wish a third party would do some real world tests to let us know the truth.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
My experience with them is they are a glorified expensive trickle charger.

what you can put on the cab of a semi would amount to about 4 or 8 amps of charge power

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
My experience with them is they are a glorified expensive trickle charger.

what you can put on the cab of a semi would amount to about 4 or 8 amps of charge power
That's enough to run a Webastard heater and probably your cell phone charger too. I think those Webastard heaters only draw an amp or two except during startup.

(((ME)))

All Americans live in a free and beautiful country.....The Red, White, and Blue has stood strongly for the very test of time.....flying from coast to coast and border to border....a time to reflect and a time to remember those that served and made mulituide of scafices in our military branches all woven together for one common cause. Freedom......Thank you.

r3gulator3

Professional mFinG Asshole-ee-0
Supporter
View attachment 53034

Looks like a good way to get kicked out of a bowling alley. 😁
Dude could you imagine. Drilling some holes and taking it to an alley. Roll it a few times and the water starts to head on the lane oil. Plus if it’s solid. That could take its toll on the boards pins and machines. Hahaha. How to cause anarchy at a bowling alley 101 right there lol!!

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Dude could you imagine. Drilling some holes and taking it to an alley. Roll it a few times and the water starts to head on the lane oil. Plus if it’s solid. That could take its toll on the boards pins and machines. Hahaha. How to cause anarchy at a bowling alley 101 right there lol!!
Do bowling alleys even exist anymore?

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
Let's do power slides in a jet airliner. 😅

It looked to me like he was using brakes on the ice. I'm not sure why he would do that when them big ole jets have reverse on the engines. That pilot is probably polishing up his resume right now hoping to get a job at a college teaching flight or as a cargo pilot.