Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Had one worked purdy good sold it with a bike awhile back. Got to get me another soon. I'm to damn old to be working on the ground
I know what you mean.

I have been wanting to remove the trailer hitch from that Goldwing since the minute I got it. It's just extra weight. If you need to pull a trailer, you need to get a damn car. A convertible, put the top down. 🙄

But I got down and looked at it once.

It shares the bolts with the muffler mounts on each side, requiring that I toss a jack stand under the tail pipes to keep it from stressing the manifolds, and then there's two U-bolts on each side right in the back. Might have to get my lazy fat ass up and walk ALL THE WAY over to the tool box and take my glasses off trying to read the faint little etched numbers on the metric deep well sockets... WAYYY too much work. Especially since I'd have to... gasp... cut some zip ties and figure out a new way to tie up the trailer light 4-flat thing. All while laying on that freezing cold cement floor that's filthy even after I sweep it. 😨

With the bike on the lift I looked at it again from the relative comfort of the two stacked milk crates I was sitting on.

Re-assessment: It's just two measly stinkin' bolts, then 4 little U-bolts, grab the air ratchet and an 11 mm deep well.. Easy peezy. Zip zip - OFF. Bye bye dead weight. 😉👍🏻

I ain't used that air ratchet in approximately 20 years but I seem to have reached a new level of laziness lately. 😁👍🏻

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
The Dodge Caravan was the first ever minivan followed shortly after by the more upscale Chrysler Town and County.

Ford was second but less popular because they couldn’t make a minivan with a flat floor.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I don't know what's more insane. The fact they charge $3000 for a lawnmower or the fact some people actually pay it. 🤔
It's a lot but worth it. Plenty of people are paying twice that and more. This is on the low end for zero turns.

My clavicle is showing no signs of healing and the tractor was getting to be too difficult (ie painful) to maneuver in tight spaces.

The zero turn is effortless. That alone makes it worth it to me.

Same reason I paid $150 for electric bolt cutters for work, even though $40 manual ones will still cut a bolt. Saves my shoulder and clavicle. I was actually ready to pay $1200 until I saw the one I got for a fraction of the price. Didn't even hesitate to order it.

Last edited:

SueAnn

Supporter

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
It's a lot but worth it. Plenty of people are paying twice that and more. This is on the low end for zero turns.

My clavicle is showing no signs of healing and the tractor was getting to be too difficult (ie painful) to maneuver in tight spaces.

The zero turn is effortless. That alone makes it worth it to me.

Same reason I paid $150 for electric bolt cutters for work, even though $40 manual ones will still cut a bolt. Saves my shoulder and clavicle. I was actually ready to pay $1200 until I saw the one I got for a fraction of the price. Didn't even hesitate to order it.
I got mine used for $800 😎