Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
McDonalds used to have a small amount of stores that had truck parking and were geared toward trucks. No fuel or showers or anything.

But they called them McStop or maybe McTruckStop...

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
McDonalds used to have a small amount of stores that had truck parking and were geared toward trucks. No fuel or showers or anything.

There's still McD's with truck parking.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Had to put truck in shop (tranny cooler dribbling) and it's next to the Werner mothership. I told the tech who gave me a lift to the motel that "I'd have walked, but I was afraid I'd get waylayed by Werner if they saw an actual driver walking by."

I thought he was gonna hurt him self laughing. 😁

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
IIRC, the McStops were generally of the split-store setup, or shared parking between the convenience store and the Mickey D's.
Lakeville, MN is still like this but you can’t get a spot in there because it’s a dumping ground for local guys trucks.

I saw someone living in an RV once and thought, “WTF is this California?”

Hillbilly Canuck

There's still McD's with truck parking.
That'd be nice just for a spot to grab a coffee and take a few minutes. I know of a couple within a couple hours of me and one of them as they do with anything we have or get in this province has now put up about 2.7 million no tractor trailer on property and no truck signs. In Southern Ontario if there's so much as a wide shoulder within a half mile of anything that might be appealing it stands a pretty good chance of getting no parking no stopping signs. You roll the dice whether they enforce it or not.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
That'd be nice just for a spot to grab a coffee and take a few minutes. I know of a couple within a couple hours of me and one of them as they do with anything we have or get in this province has now put up about 2.7 million no tractor trailer on property and no truck signs. In Southern Ontario if there's so much as a wide shoulder within a half mile of anything that might be appealing it stands a pretty good chance of getting no parking no stopping signs. You roll the dice whether they enforce it or not.
Apparently, that disease is catching... :frown:

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Lakeville, MN is still like this but you can’t get a spot in there because it’s a dumping ground for local guys trucks.

I saw someone living in an RV once and thought, “WTF is this California?”
I go by there on the way to a staging yard we use. The Chinese joint in the strip mall is good eating, but yeah, the parking is nuts. A lot of those trucks sit for extended periods, I'd assume trying to find a driver for the POS.

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter
That'd be nice just for a spot to grab a coffee and take a few minutes.
unfortuneatly, at the RI/CT line there was a mcdonalds that had spaces for trucks, but they were not there for a quick coffe and go...they stayed there, for the duration of thier 8 (or 10) hour breaks. others had to park in the street, and the local cops put an end to that.

i just did a google earth search the latest image they have is from 2018, and that truck parking area is now closed off..

didn't take much for a few asshols to ruin it for others.