Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Finished my first week back. Glad to be in the swing of things. Supposedly we're deader than a doornail but I made more than my weekly average without trying.

:confused-96::dunno:
In other news, eastern PA roads are now backed up for miles...

nan

Supporter
Glad you made it back to work, I’m hoping to be back at it by March 1 at the latest.
Nothing was changing so it's more like pain management at this point. Electric bolt cutters and taking it easy mostly. Going slower so I don't have any jerking going on at my left shoulder/clavicle. Automatic truck so I can keep both hands on the wheel at all times (they got rid of all the manuals anyway) and use my right to ease up on the left. Adaptation really.

InTooDeep

Definitely. Was going insane twiddling thumbs at home.

Money wasn't really much of a problem for bills but it's hard to not blow the rest on other stuff when you're bored. Lol.
Oh hell yes it is way too easy to waste money when you are bored and have nothing to do.

Reactions: nan

nan

Supporter
I was playing around the other day and bought a watch. I don't even wear watches.

Spent a lot on gas, just driving around for no reason other than to get out of the house.

nan

Supporter
Put three new solenoids on the Honda transmission. Didn't help for squat. Ordered a Honda Service Manual. Looks like I'm doing a rebuild. That's alright though at least the overhaul will have new solenoids whether it really needed them or not.

Oh and I got new hubcaps to replace the ratty broken OEM ones. The new cheap eBay specials are so thin, one cracked while I tapped it on with my fist. I doubt they're coming off again in one piece. 🙄 But they look more decent than the beat up originals.

Try to ignore the mud. We're soaked right now. I don't have it tagged or insured to run it to the wash, and it wouldn't do any good for long anyway.

Last edited:

InTooDeep

Put three new solenoids on the Honda transmission. Didn't help for squat. Ordered a Honda Service Manual. Looks like I'm doing a rebuild. That's alright though at least the overhaul will have new solenoids whether it really needed them or not.

Oh and I got new hubcaps to replace the ratty broken OEM ones. The new cheap eBay specials are so thin, one cracked while I tapped it on with my fist. I doubt they're coming off again in one piece. 🙄 But they look more decent than the beat up originals.

Try to ignore the mud. We're soaked right now. I don't have it tagged or insured to run it to the wash, and it wouldn't do any good for long anyway.

View attachment 48386
Are you going to drop the pan and change the fluid and filter first?

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
I don't have it tagged or insured to run it to the wash
That's never stopped me. I drove my Buick for 6 years with expired tags.

My Ranger's plates expired in 2009 and hasn't had insurance in just as long but it didn't stop me from driving it about 10 miles this morning just to flush out the fuel system. It's called not giving a ****.

nan

Supporter
That's never stopped me. I drove my Buick for 6 years with expired tags.

My Ranger's plates expired in 2009 and hasn't had insurance in just as long but it didn't stop me from driving it about 10 miles this morning just to flush out the fuel system. It's called not giving a ****.
Not having a plate is kind of an obvious one for the cops.

Duck

Supporter
So put a plate from one of your other lawn decorations on it...
That's way worse than no plate.

Except I do it with my trailers. :D

They're all registered as "utility trailer under 5k GVWR" or something, so a cop wouldn't know anyway. None of them have data plates with VIN numbers on them.

nan

Supporter
That's way worse than no plate.

Except I do it with my trailers. :D

They're all registered as "utility trailer under 5k GVWR" or something, so a cop wouldn't know anyway. None of them have data plates with VIN numbers on them.
Our plates don't say on them what they're for but the cops can run 'em and it'll come back as a mismatch, even on trailers. The VIN, brand, type and GVWR and everything are on there.

You gotta get caught first but my luck doesn't hold. It's not worth it.

Duck

Supporter
Our plates don't say on them what they're for but the cops can run 'em and it'll come back as a mismatch, even on trailers. The VIN, brand, type and GVWR and everything are on there.

You gotta get caught first but my luck doesn't hold. It's not worth it.
In Illinois all the information the state has is what's on the title.

In the weight range you can pull with a light duty vehicle, there's RV, boat and utility.

So I cant use my utility trailer plate for the boat trailer, or for a larger trailer with a larger weight range. Above 5000 or whatever. I think it might also have the number of axles but all of mine are single.

nan

Supporter
PA is pretty similar. A trailer plate is a trailer plate and they all appear the same but as soon as a cop runs the data they'll see what that particular plate is registered to.

Some people don't care and they'll keep moving the tag around from trailer to trailer but the fees are so low and the fines pretty high that I'd rather be legit.

Plus swapping them out is a PITA. I'd rather just hook and go.

Duck

Supporter
PA is pretty similar. A trailer plate is a trailer plate and they all appear the same but as soon as a cop runs the data they'll see what that particular plate is registered to.

Some people don't care and they'll keep moving the tag around from trailer to trailer but the fees are so low and the fines pretty high that I'd rather be legit.

Plus swapping them out is a PITA. I'd rather just hook and go.
In Illinois if you manage to go a year with expired tags, you can then receive a ticket and break even. Every additional year without a ticket saves you $98

On my trailers I use wing nuts. Don't even gotta bother going into the shop for a couple of 7/16" wrenches. Easy peezy. 👍