Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

dchawk81

Supporter
Actually, I got it to be a fuel efficient winter/work beater. The motor sounds smooth as silk. Once I get the transmission sorted it should run for a while.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
Actually, I got it to be a fuel efficient winter/work beater. The motor sounds smooth as silk. Once I get the transmission sorted it should run for a while.
Find out what your local junkyards are paying for junk vehicles.

Around here, they pay $450 for total locked up, bad engine bad trans rough body, flood sunken 30 year old jap mobiles.

So there are always ads in the local Facebook buy/sell/trade groups. They'll buy your junk car for $100 and take it to the junkyard and get $450 or so. Probably more than that. That's just what they said they'd give me for the 1992 Camry my mom drove into a flooded ditch, even after I told them what happened and that the glass and tires were probably the only good parts. Maybe the radiator & light housings if they dry them out.

If you are looking for an excuse to haul stuff with your half ton, maybe you can look into that.

GAnthony

Sudanese, pie eating, Canadian truck driver
Supporter
Find out what your local junkyards are paying for junk vehicles.

Around here, they pay $450 for total locked up, bad engine bad trans rough body, flood sunken 30 year old jap mobiles.

So there are always ads in the local Facebook buy/sell/trade groups. They'll buy your junk car for $100 and take it to the junkyard and get $450 or so. Probably more than that. That's just what they said they'd give me for the 1992 Camry my mom drove into a flooded ditch, even after I told them what happened and that the glass and tires were probably the only good parts. Maybe the radiator & light housings if they dry them out.

If you are looking for an excuse to haul stuff with your half ton, maybe you can look into that.

View attachment 48230
here, for the longest time, (and maybe they still do it) is that it was required to remove the gas tanks and radiators before it went into a junk yard.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
here, for the longest time, (and maybe they still do it) is that it was required to remove the gas tanks and radiators before it went into a junk yard.
I don't know about that but at the local bone yard I noticed they spray paint "fluids drained" on every vehicle.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Anyone on here bet on or play Jai alai? Just wondering because it was a random thought had.
How many people on the TF gamble or play Jai alai I wondered? :confused2:
So I make a post :D

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
After everything going down in France, Every time I see a driver in a yellow vest, I have to wonder what he is protesting against. :confused-96:

Reactions: AK7

Duck

Trump
Supporter
After everything going down in France, Every time I see a driver in a yellow vest, I have to wonder what he is protesting against. :confused-96:
Apparently nothing. That Macaroni guy ain't swinging from a noose yet. I don't know what they're doing. Probably hopping around eating flies.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Apparently nothing. That Macaroni guy ain't swinging from a noose yet. I don't know what they're doing. Probably hopping around eating flies.
Maybe. But, I was actually talking about drivers walking around our yard in Yellow vests. That was kinda the crux of the joke. :dunno:

dchawk81

Supporter
Tyrannethesaurus Rex. Ate up all the lawyers, see also: attorneys, soliticers in the bathroom, see also: loo, toilet, potty, portable.

dchawk81

Supporter
Finished my first week back. Glad to be in the swing of things. Supposedly we're deader than a doornail but I made more than my weekly average without trying.

:confused-96: :dunno: