WTF, is there no door on the side of this Pete sleeper?

Renegade 21

No there’s no door on that sleeper.

Many sleepers don’t have doors.
You are correct Sir
Most new model trucks do not have sleeper doors (i;e escape doors) on them. Thus, if an engine fire or cab fire were to break out. One would need to be very skinny, or an escape artist to get out before burning to death.

GAnthony

The Eldest Member
Supporter
You are correct Sir
Most new model trucks do not have sleeper doors (i;e escape doors) on them. Thus, if an engine fire or cab fire were to break out. One would need to be very skinny, or an escape artist to get out before burning to death.
buy a smoke detector...

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Ya know why Boeing 747 aircraft have that hump in the top at the front?

They were designed as freighters, and they wanted the pilots and crew to be safer in case they crashed. In a relatively low speed impact while on the ground, the cargo would be able to crash through the nose without crushing them.
The way I heard it was they had to add the hump so the pilots of a 747 would be able to sit on their wallets and still see out the window. :D

krelithous

Supporter
Ya know why Boeing 747 aircraft have that hump in the top at the front?

They were designed as freighters, and they wanted the pilots and crew to be safer in case they crashed. In a relatively low speed impact while on the ground, the cargo would be able to crash through the nose without crushing them.

Maybe if you explain that to PACCAR they'll design trucks that way.

You'll just have to watch the bridge clearances so you don't get beheaded.
who knows maybe he will want a convertible next :D