WRecked A Trailer Skirt And screw EM I don't Care either

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Some of our newer trailers got Those Wind Skirts

Well yesterday I had a Narrow driveway surrounded by Guardrail and not enough room to SWING and get straight

I figured if I back up just enough I could slide the tandems all the way back and clear the wheels and enough room to straight

Well that WORKED .......EXCEPT as I Backed a Up The TRAILER SKIRT got caught on the Guardrail BENT to **** and ****ed up the guard rail

and I just drove off to "**** Em" that's what they get for putting that bullcrap up and they outta have their asses kicked too

We are not TRAPEEZE ARTISTS and well if places don't want stuff wrecked then they should make **** Wide Enough

As for TRAILER SKIRTS well if NOT for these retarded contraptions I would've got out Unscathed But NO let's put TRAILER SKIRTS on their too to get HUNG UP

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Not sure what you want here just glad I don't have to pay for trailer .
Trailer skirt was just bent I was able to push it back a little bit and the shop guy fixed it in about 10 minutes

As for the guardrail that things been hit many times and it's their word against mine and good luck telling the difference

if these places want CURB APPEAL well the TRUCK LANE ain't the place to plant fancy **** and care about your grass for Starters make the **** WIDE ENOUGH so today's modern sized rigs can negotiate and swing wide enough or only allow daycabs and shorties

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Some of our newer trailers got Those Wind Skirts

Well yesterday I had a Narrow driveway surrounded by Guardrail and not enough room to SWING and get straight

I figured if I back up just enough I could slide the tandems all the way back and clear the wheels and enough room to straight

Well that WORKED .......EXCEPT as I Backed a Up The TRAILER SKIRT got caught on the Guardrail BENT to **** and ****ed up the guard rail

and I just drove off to "**** Em" that's what they get for putting that bullcrap up and they outta have their asses kicked too

We are not TRAPEEZE ARTISTS and well if places don't want stuff wrecked then they should make **** Wide Enough

As for TRAILER SKIRTS well if NOT for these retarded contraptions I would've got out Unscathed But NO let's put TRAILER SKIRTS on their too to get HUNG UP
I was approaching the customers driveway to my right, The driveway went over a railroad track. Entry could not be made from the right. I know because they posted a sign that read no right turns into the driveway. I assume because either trucks got hung up or **** got torn up.

This was on a country ass road with not much around.

I went 2.5 miles down the road to find a place to turn around and approach from the left. So 5 miles in total to get into the place.
I am just sayin.

Mike

Staff member
I just bobtailed into Tulsa to pick up an empty trailer. Jackwad who dropped it there tore up the skirt on the passenger side. Love it when another driver leaves a mess for somebody else to deal with.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Yeah, funny how many of us have pulled a 53' around with an older truck that didn't turn as good as these newer ones, and still managed not to leave carnage behind us.
Won't see any sympathy or approval from this direction.
Well good lets wait until someday you screw something up then I shall be here to sit on my "HIGH HORSE" and act all PERFECT

Because I don't care how long Ya been here "EVERYBODY" has screwed something up And I don't mean an accident necessarily but I mean simple stuff like that jackknife u-turn in a really tight spot and Ya crack a wind fairing or scrapping up against a ridiculously close fence or maybe catching a wheel on a curb or barrier block and bending the rim

WEVE ALL DONE "STUPID $h!t out here okay and I also might add that if wasnt for the TRAILER SKIRT to get CAUGHT nothing would've happened at this facility and it goes to show that TRAILER SKIRTS are just MORE CRAP to help get Ya HUNG UP in such a situation

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Well good lets wait until someday you screw something up then I shall be here to sit on my "HIGH HORSE" and act all PERFECT

Because I don't care how long Ya been here "EVERYBODY" has screwed something up And I don't mean an accident necessarily but I mean simple stuff like that jackknife u-turn in a really tight spot and Ya crack a wind fairing or scrapping up against a ridiculously close fence or maybe catching a wheel on a curb or barrier block and bending the rim

WEVE ALL DONE "STUPID $h!t out here okay and I also might add that if wasnt for the TRAILER SKIRT to get CAUGHT nothing would've happened at this facility and it goes to show that TRAILER SKIRTS are just MORE CRAP to help get Ya HUNG UP in such a situation
I didn't say I was perfect. But when I did have something happen, I didn't come off with a don't-give-a-crap, f***-em attitude. I have no preventable incidents on my record since my trailer door swung loose and scratched a May truck three months into my driving career. Yeh, I could have blamed the May driver for parking there, the mechanics for not maintaining the trailer door, the manufacturer for building an inferior product, the engineers for designing such a crappy door latch and the weather spirits for making the wind and then go on to say how little of a **** I give about it. But that's not what I did.

I accepted responsibility for not making sure the doors were secured and I learned how to avoid it in the future: Bungee from the chain to the frame rail to keep tension on the chain latch.

But you don't want to say you'd do anything differently next time. Your response to your screw up is "f*** 'em." followed by a series of excuses blaming everybody except the guy behind the wheel, who made the decision to move the truck.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

Yes. We have all done stupid crap. We all make mistakes and lord knows I have Made errors and caused damage.

It is YoUr i don't give A **** AtTiTuDE! That is the problem.

I aM WiLlInG To BeT, If YoU PoSTeD A ThRead SaYiNg HeY, I ****ed up AnD dId SoMe DaMaGe, ThE ToNe Of The THrEad WoUlD Be ThE PolAr OpPosiTE

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
I didn't say I was perfect. But when I did have something happen, I didn't come off with a don't-give-a-crap, f***-em attitude. I have no preventable incidents on my record since my trailer door swung loose and scratched a May truck three months into my driving career. Yeh, I could have blamed the May driver for parking there, the mechanics for not maintaining the trailer door, the manufacturer for building an inferior product, the engineers for designing such a crappy door latch and the weather spirits for making the wind and then go on to say how little of a **** I give about it. But that's not what I did.

I accepted responsibility for not making sure the doors were secured and I learned how to avoid it in the future: Bungee from the chain to the frame rail to keep tension on the chain latch.

But you don't want to say you'd do anything differently next time. Your response to your screw up is "f*** 'em." followed by a series of excuses blaming everybody except the guy behind the wheel, who made the decision to move the truck.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
right. Like there was never anything hit and it's only been the last 20 years since people started having accidents.

What's in that tabacky yer smokin'?
You are right, there have always been accidents. But the drive/park by braille is a relatively new phenomena, trailers weren't nearly as torn up as they are now. Sure you'd get an occasional scruffy one, but having half the late-model trailers in a fleet looking like 30 year old freight wagons wasn't the norm.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
You are right, there have always been accidents. But the drive/park by braille is a relatively new phenomena, trailers weren't nearly as torn up as they are now. Sure you'd get an occasional scruffy one, but having half the late-model trailers in a fleet looking like 30 year old freight wagons wasn't the norm.
Part of the problem is that planned obsolescence has been getting way out of hand lately.