Window screens? Breezeway?

Johnson

I've seen them at just about every truck stop. I used them many years ago before the stench of of urine soaked parking lots.
Especially after a nice spring rain that reconstitutes the dryer urine.
Oh and let's not forget about the folks that refuse to pick up after their four legged family members.
Back then it was just making sure you were upwind of idling truck so you didn't suffocate from the exaust fumes , lol.

Joker11

Supporter
There was a homeless guy living behind my office behind the dumpster. I am the only guy who reports there so I let him be. I even bought him food.
Then he started peeing and pooping and stunk up the ENTIRE area. I finally called the cops. He refused to change. Cop stood there while me and a garbage man tossed all his stuff into a trash truck. He even moved in a matress and blankets and a comforter. Would have been a sweet gig if he hadn’t stank up the whole ally. He peed in his own bed!

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Cool. I’ll see how much shipping is, unless I can scoop them when I’m on a run
My brother uses them. He like you will wiggle into anything that isn’t a rest are or truck stop for parking. He says they work really well. He hardly idles his truck. Has one fan uprfront to blow the air into the bunk and one fan in the bunk to circulate. I have windows in my bunk I put a fan in one and away I go to sleep. Lol

Hillbilly Canuck

Seen them? Sure. Can't say as I recall seeing anyone use them though. My opinion there are only a couple of small windows (no pun intended) in the whole year where it would even be fit to use them. Random stenches and other people's exhaust could be an issue as mentioned already.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I've got a set... they do nicely in comfortable weather, and keep the bugs out.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Sowed hmmm think that might not be how one would spell it but yet I did lol
The hard plastic frame of the Breezeway product fits into the window frame, and over the top edge of the window... it fits fairly tightly to keep critters out, and someone would need to bust the heck out of it to break in. You have to get the correct version, and then use the breakout tabs to trim it for the proper fit to your truck. A sharp knife (X-Acto, e.g.) helps.

InTooDeep

The hard plastic frame of the Breezeway product fits into the window frame, and over the top edge of the window... it fits fairly tightly to keep critters out, and someone would need to bust the heck out of it to break in. You have to get the correct version, and then use the breakout tabs to trim it for the proper fit to your truck. A sharp knife (X-Acto, e.g.) helps.
Yeah I did check them out. Not worried about someone breaking in when sleeping in truck I'm parked in a locked yard.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I know you can buy smaller ones at most truck stops. They just fit into the top 3 inches or so of your window. They make different kinds for different brands of trucks.
I have never used them. I idled until I got a truck with and APU. I used the APU until I got a truck where the HVAC system ran off of deep cycle batteries.
Now I sleep in the home.