WIFI at the house question

SomethingElse

My router is at one end of the house, on the inside. On the other end of the house, about 60 to 70ft, is my shop. It's covered in tin. I can barely pick up the wifi outside of the shop. Dish Network, my ISP (the only service available out here in the woods) installed their best router.
Problem is, I need wifi inside the shop so I can look up and order parts, internet radio etc etc etc. I'm a technology caveman and don't know much about this stuff.

Does anyone have any idea on how to accomplish this without running a wire from my router all the way out to the shop?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I believe, but I’m not an expert, that there are signal boosters you can get

I’m curious because this is something I’d like to know more about, also

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I'd run a hard wire from the router to an extender inside the shop.

The tin siding is acting as a Faraday cage

Mike

Staff member
My router is at one end of the house, on the inside. On the other end of the house, about 60 to 70ft, is my shop. It's covered in tin. I can barely pick up the wifi outside of the shop. Dish Network, my ISP (the only service available out here in the woods) installed their best router.
Problem is, I need wifi inside the shop so I can look up and order parts, internet radio etc etc etc. I'm a technology caveman and don't know much about this stuff.

Does anyone have any idea on how to accomplish this without running a wire from my router all the way out to the shop?

Something there should fix your problem. Or possibly just a better router with more range might take care of it.

Latest posts