Who should AI kill in a driverless car crash? It depends who you ask

krelithous

Supporter

yes that's the headline!!!
here are some of the questions:
should a car with three occupants an adult man and woman and a child swerve into a wall killing them all in order to avoide hitting three elderly people two men and a woman should an unoccupied car swerve and kill an unemployed adult man child and a cat in order to save an adult man and woman and a child? does the answer change if the pedestrian light is red? what if one ofthe people is unfit or pregnant? all of wich makes one realize that artificial intelligence as it's abilities expand is going to be making alot of important decisions some of wich in most cases we don't consciously make. in this case we treat the swerve as an instinctive response in most accidents they are after all accidents.
and then there is the question: who gets to decide elon musk or congress:confused-96:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I'd have mine programmed to read bumper stickers and go from there. :thumbsup:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

yes that's the headline!!!
here are some of the questions:
should a car with three occupants an adult man and woman and a child swerve into a wall killing them all in order to avoide hitting three elderly people two men and a woman should an unoccupied car swerve and kill an unemployed adult man child and a cat in order to save an adult man and woman and a child? does the answer change if the pedestrian light is red? what if one ofthe people is unfit or pregnant? all of wich makes one realize that artificial intelligence as it's abilities expand is going to be making alot of important decisions some of wich in most cases we don't consciously make. in this case we treat the swerve as an instinctive response in most accidents they are after all accidents.
and then there is the question: who gets to decide elon musk or congress:confused-96:
The robot should always aim for Duck Duck

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Coexist bumper stickers get taken out first :thumbsup::D
Subaru Foresters don't even require a bumper sticker. :thumbsup:

It sucks. They're probably good little cars. AWD or 4WD, good ground clearance for a car. It sucks that they're only owned by deranged lunatics. :(

ironpony ironpony probably has one. :D

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Subaru Foresters don't even require a bumper sticker. :thumbsup:

It sucks. They're probably good little cars. AWD or 4WD, good ground clearance for a car. It sucks that they're only owned by deranged lunatics. :(

ironpony ironpony probably has one. :D
It is ALWAYS the Subaru Forester that has the COEXIST and Obama 2012 bumper stickers among many other stickers that make me grind my teeth. LOL
I have never seen one without bumper stickers. The second largest purchase most people will make and they deface it with propaganda!

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I have never seen one without bumper stickers
I have.

I drove past a Subaru dealership once. :thumbsup:
The second largest purchase most people will make and they deface it with propaganda!
I was standing in line at some receiver in Wisconsin once, waiting for them to open.

Another driver pointed out an employee's vehicle, a really nice looking Mercedes, with a dumb and pointless bumper sticker on it. It wasn't even politics, just some random stupid **** like I heart horses or something.
He said "what kind of moron puts stupid stickers all over a Mercedes?" and went into a rant about how he would never put stickers on his own vehicle because it looks trashy and blah blah blah.

The dude had a tattoo on his neck. :coocoo: