Which American mega-carriers will never require drivers to exit the United States of America while on duty?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have to apologize:bowdown: I was in the drive-thru at a Burger King in Canada and the car in front of me had American tags I could hear they were asking for sweet Tea. The Burger King person says, we don't have sweet tea. OH FFS!:foreheadslap:
They damned well have Nestea Ice tea, But in the Canada they don't call it sweet tea they just call it ice tea.

Nothing I could do about it because it was the drive-thru. Now had we been in the store I could have helped these poor souls get their sweet tea that they so desired.

If I am dining out the only thing I will drink is ice tea or sweet tea. Yes, That is something that I picked up in my travels in the U.S.:usflag:

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
I have to apologize:bowdown: I was in the drive-thru at a Burger King in Canada and the car in front of me had American tags I could hear they were asking for sweet Tea. The Burger King person says, we don't have sweet tea. OH FFS!:foreheadslap:
They damned well have Nestea Ice tea, But in the Canada they don't call it sweet tea they just call it ice tea.

Nothing I could do about it because it was the drive-thru. Now had we been in the store I could have helped these poor souls get their sweet tea that they so desired.

If I am dining out the only thing I will drink is ice tea or sweet tea. Yes, That is something that I picked up in my travels in the U.S.:usflag:
The only place to get good sweet tea is south of the Mason-Dixon. However IF you gotta get sweet tea up north MCDs ain’t too bad.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
View attachment 47934View attachment 47935View attachment 47936
What are these things? Bridges to nowhere?
The second one, is that a lock?
So the bridge to nowhere is likely a train track bridge with a rotating piece to allow ships to pass when the water is high or if the ship is tall. That line probably no longer runs so they removed the rotator. We used to jump off of one into the Missouri River when I was a kid.

I’m pretty sure the bottom pic is a drainable boat dock so they can work on the boat or clean off zebra muscles or whatever may have attached itself to the bottom of the boat.

Duck

Trump
Supporter
So the bridge to nowhere is likely a train track bridge with a rotating piece to allow ships to pass when the water is high or if the ship is tall. That line probably no longer runs so they removed the rotator. We used to jump off of one into the Missouri River when I was a kid.

I’m pretty sure the bottom pic is a drainable boat dock so they can work on the boat or clean off zebra muscles or whatever may have attached itself to the bottom of the boat.
That's definitely not a swing bridge. It's a fixed, non-movable structure. Probably an abandoned rail line or maybe a prehistoric road used to be there.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The only place to get good sweet tea is south of the Mason-Dixon. However IF you gotta get sweet tea up north MCDs ain’t too bad.
Turkey Hill sweet tea. I thought they were out of P.A. or maybe I just bought a gallon in P.A.

If it's quality beef, I actually prefer my burger medium. The point is, it is nice to have the choice. I suspect sweet tea kills more people than burgers that are less than well done. Due to user error, I ended up with sweet tea on a road trip through Georgia years ago. My teeth still ache.

Ranger_375

I'm not even kidding. Ran from Cali to AK and back with a bear gun in the truck. Granted, should there have been 2 legged critters giving me fits, it works all the same... but yes mr customs officer this 15 round pump 12 gauge shotgun is for Wildlife Protection.

I've done the Alcan 6 times now, been halfass chased by some bear and moose around some portapoopers on the road, had to outrun (with our vehicle convoy) a bear being chased by a wolfpack being chased by a herd of charging bison... I'm not even joking. kpzra kpzra can attest to the wildlife shenanigans that have occurred as she's been on every run up/down I've done.

The part that took the longest wasn't the shotty paperwork, it was the customs paperwork for the cargo. Of course, we had the luxury of a couple customs agents that had worked the Alaskan border and had lived in the Yukon, so they knew "the deal" with reality and the middle of nowhere.

Really not worried about getting harassed by a Canuck anyway. It's hard to fight well when half the things being thrown are apologies. 🆒

Flemming Andersen

I can't help think back over my near 25 years on the roads of both eastern and western Europe... Been driving through some of the most challenging/worst areas (read wild west conditions) in Romania, Bulgaria and Albania, in the years after the Wall came down, between east and west...
Been driving in mob controlled areas in Italy,
been driving in places, most drivers from my own country, would never go to..
and I have never had anything to defend myself with, other than common sense....

Hillbilly Canuck

Hey, where's your toque eh? :confused-96: Ha look at that guy with no toque on eh,:rolllaugh:
I am sorry I didn't mean to get out of line.
Nevermind the toque. What's up with those fellers with the raggedy beat up chewed off multi colour trucks running around in flip flops and one of these jabbering into a headset in some chicken scratch language?