Which American mega-carriers will never require drivers to exit the United States of America while on duty?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
And scotus has ruled that a us citizen cannot be denied entry into the US.

Providing a drivers license for proof of residency and a birth certificate for citizenship is sufficient.
SCOTUS didn't say they had to make it easy...

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I am beginning to perish the notion of driving into Canada now because I'm reading online that's even illegal in that country to defend yourself with pepper spray there. If that's the case then being a truck driver could be a deal breaker for me unless I work for a company that either never runs over the Canadian border or gives its employees the option to opt out of runs over such border.
Canada is a very safe country. I am willing to bet that you can leave your truck cab doors unlocked and no one will mess with it.
I wager $500,00 American dollars that if you sleep with doors unlocked you will wake up alive and owe me $500.00.
If you die, I will owe you $500.00. 👍

Last edited:

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Whining about "escape doors," and sending letters to manufacturers about the lack thereof isn't the usual course of research. Eventually, he'll find out that those things are options most megas aren't going to pay for.

He'll also find, as an employee, he'll drive what they assign him.

Thus, the point about being overly picky, especially as a new driver.
I was picky as a new driver. That’s why I work for TMC

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Yeah I dunno where is fear of “the most polite” country in the world came from. Yeah sure maybe a couple hockey hooligans will have a bar fight but dude. When the average crime is someone didn’t say excuse me and jay walking...what’s there to worry about? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I was parked near Buffalo NY and woke up to see some jackwad had scribbled in ballpoint pen on my drivers door.

Some dirtbag mother****er lifted my wallet out of the truck in Brampton in the summer months

I think it’s the large cities you need to avoid parking in/around/near. I now avoid parking in metro areas

And most folks who want a job figure out pretty quickly that they either accept the deal or go flip burgers.
I've generally felt very safe in Canada. Speaking of burgers though, this might be my biggest gripe with Canada :). You can't order a medium-rare burger at a restaurant. Against the law. Pink not allowed, well-done only.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I've generally felt very safe in Canada. Speaking of burgers though, this might be my biggest gripe with Canada :). You can't order a medium-rare burger at a restaurant. Against the law. Pink not allowed, well-done only.
Why would you want a medium rare burger? :confused-96:

Ok so what’s up with sweet and unsweetened iced tea? One is like drinking syrup the other is like drinking crappy cold tea

Nomad1

Why would you want a medium rare burger? :confused-96:

Ok so what’s up with sweet and unsweetened iced tea? One is like drinking syrup the other is like drinking crappy cold tea
Mix them if you're in the south. Anywhere else in the world just avoid tea.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have to apologize:bowdown: I was in the drive-thru at a Burger King in Canada and the car in front of me had American tags I could hear they were asking for sweet Tea. The Burger King person says, we don't have sweet tea. OH FFS!:foreheadslap:
They damned well have Nestea Ice tea, But in the Canada they don't call it sweet tea they just call it ice tea.

Nothing I could do about it because it was the drive-thru. Now had we been in the store I could have helped these poor souls get their sweet tea that they so desired.

If I am dining out the only thing I will drink is ice tea or sweet tea. Yes, That is something that I picked up in my travels in the U.S.:usflag:

r3gulator3

Supporter
I have to apologize:bowdown: I was in the drive-thru at a Burger King in Canada and the car in front of me had American tags I could hear they were asking for sweet Tea. The Burger King person says, we don't have sweet tea. OH FFS!:foreheadslap:
They damned well have Nestea Ice tea, But in the Canada they don't call it sweet tea they just call it ice tea.

Nothing I could do about it because it was the drive-thru. Now had we been in the store I could have helped these poor souls get their sweet tea that they so desired.

If I am dining out the only thing I will drink is ice tea or sweet tea. Yes, That is something that I picked up in my travels in the U.S.:usflag:
The only place to get good sweet tea is south of the Mason-Dixon. However IF you gotta get sweet tea up north MCDs ain’t too bad.

r3gulator3

Supporter
View attachment 47934View attachment 47935View attachment 47936
What are these things? Bridges to nowhere?
The second one, is that a lock?
So the bridge to nowhere is likely a train track bridge with a rotating piece to allow ships to pass when the water is high or if the ship is tall. That line probably no longer runs so they removed the rotator. We used to jump off of one into the Missouri River when I was a kid.

I’m pretty sure the bottom pic is a drainable boat dock so they can work on the boat or clean off zebra muscles or whatever may have attached itself to the bottom of the boat.

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
So the bridge to nowhere is likely a train track bridge with a rotating piece to allow ships to pass when the water is high or if the ship is tall. That line probably no longer runs so they removed the rotator. We used to jump off of one into the Missouri River when I was a kid.

I’m pretty sure the bottom pic is a drainable boat dock so they can work on the boat or clean off zebra muscles or whatever may have attached itself to the bottom of the boat.
That's definitely not a swing bridge. It's a fixed, non-movable structure. Probably an abandoned rail line or maybe a prehistoric road used to be there.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The only place to get good sweet tea is south of the Mason-Dixon. However IF you gotta get sweet tea up north MCDs ain’t too bad.
Turkey Hill sweet tea. I thought they were out of P.A. or maybe I just bought a gallon in P.A.

nan

Supporter
Turkey Hill sweet tea. I thought they were out of P.A. or maybe I just bought a gallon in P.A.
Turkey Hill Dairy is headquartered in Conestoga PA.

Turkey Hill stores is headquartered in Lancaster PA.

If it's quality beef, I actually prefer my burger medium. The point is, it is nice to have the choice. I suspect sweet tea kills more people than burgers that are less than well done. Due to user error, I ended up with sweet tea on a road trip through Georgia years ago. My teeth still ache.