Which American mega-carriers will never require drivers to exit the United States of America while on duty?

Mike

Staff member
Kinda reminds me of that "Bored Insane" guy.
I was thinking of a different guy, can't remember the name though. He jumped in without knowing what he got into, and did nothing but come here and whine about everything until he eventually quit driving.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I am beginning to perish the notion of driving into Canada now because I'm reading online that's even illegal in that country to defend yourself with pepper spray there. If that's the case then being a truck driver could be a deal breaker for me unless I work for a company that either never runs over the Canadian border or gives its employees the option to opt out of runs over such border.
I can tell ya in 22 years of driving I have never even been approached by anyone in Canada to make me feel in anyway threatened.
Canada is very different from the U.S. they is not all the B.S. goin on in truck stop parking lots. Like lizards and guys trying to hustle you or rob you. If some one bangs on your door in Canada while you are sleeping it is probably to politely tell you your truck is on fire. :D

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter
I was thinking of a different guy, can't remember the name though. He jumped in without knowing what he got into, and did nothing but come here and whine about everything until he eventually quit driving.
yeah, Sean, he griped about Werner and how he had to log, or some crap like that.

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter
When I was mod on here I hijacked that guy's account using the password reset function in the admin panel. Then I logged into it and used it to PM a bunch of psychotic paranoid head case stuff to Sinister Sinister

Good times. 😅
i seem to recall some ****.....

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I can tell ya in 22 years of driving I have never even been approached by anyone in Canada to make me feel in anyway threatened.
Canada is very different from the U.S. they is not all the B.S. goin on in truck stop parking lots. Like lizards and guys trying to hustle you or rob you. If some one bangs on your door in Canada while you are sleeping it is probably to politely tell you your truck is on fire. :D
You haven't been trucking down here for about 30 years, eh?

Nomad1

I don't think it's a requirement with any of the Megas to have a passport to get hired. If after getting hired they push you to get a passport it is really easy to have your passport application denied.

Mike

Staff member
I don't think it's a requirement with any of the Megas to have a passport to get hired. If after getting hired they push you to get a passport it is really easy to have your passport application denied.
Honestly not sure what they do now. I know that with carriers a long time ago, I was required to go to Canada, and went there. Passports weren't a requirement at that time though.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Honestly not sure what they do now. I know that with carriers a long time ago, I was required to go to Canada, and went there. Passports weren't a requirement at that time though.
Scotus has determined they are still not required.
I thought passport were required to go to Canada.Just asking.
If Canada requires it, what's SCOTUS got to do with it?
You can get into Canada with a US driver's license. The trick is entering the US without a passport.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I thought passport were required to go to Canada.Just asking.
Negative. Passports are not required to go to Canada, Passports are required to enter the U.S. G.W. BUSH.
You can show up with just a D.L. and a birth certificate like the way it used to be but it was reciprocal, Until Bush.
It should be noted that U.S. Customs can not deny entry to a U.S. citizen but they sure as hell can take their sweet assed time about it.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
And scotus has ruled that a us citizen cannot be denied entry into the US.

Providing a drivers license for proof of residency and a birth certificate for citizenship is sufficient.