Which American mega-carriers will never require drivers to exit the United States of America while on duty?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
A rude awakening would be blindly going to work for Mega Carrier Express after listening to recruiters, then wondering what the hell he got himself into.

Might be a ton of questions, but at least questions are being asked.
Whining about "escape doors," and sending letters to manufacturers about the lack thereof isn't the usual course of research. Eventually, he'll find out that those things are options most megas aren't going to pay for.

He'll also find, as an employee, he'll drive what they assign him.

Thus, the point about being overly picky, especially as a new driver.

Mike

Staff member
Kinda reminds me of that "Bored Insane" guy.
I was thinking of a different guy, can't remember the name though. He jumped in without knowing what he got into, and did nothing but come here and whine about everything until he eventually quit driving.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I am beginning to perish the notion of driving into Canada now because I'm reading online that's even illegal in that country to defend yourself with pepper spray there. If that's the case then being a truck driver could be a deal breaker for me unless I work for a company that either never runs over the Canadian border or gives its employees the option to opt out of runs over such border.
I can tell ya in 22 years of driving I have never even been approached by anyone in Canada to make me feel in anyway threatened.
Canada is very different from the U.S. they is not all the B.S. goin on in truck stop parking lots. Like lizards and guys trying to hustle you or rob you. If some one bangs on your door in Canada while you are sleeping it is probably to politely tell you your truck is on fire. :D

GAnthony

Sudanese, pie eating, Canadian truck driver
Supporter
I was thinking of a different guy, can't remember the name though. He jumped in without knowing what he got into, and did nothing but come here and whine about everything until he eventually quit driving.
yeah, Sean, he griped about Werner and how he had to log, or some crap like that.

GAnthony

Sudanese, pie eating, Canadian truck driver
Supporter
When I was mod on here I hijacked that guy's account using the password reset function in the admin panel. Then I logged into it and used it to PM a bunch of psychotic paranoid head case stuff to Sinister Sinister

Good times. 😅
i seem to recall some ****.....

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I can tell ya in 22 years of driving I have never even been approached by anyone in Canada to make me feel in anyway threatened.
Canada is very different from the U.S. they is not all the B.S. goin on in truck stop parking lots. Like lizards and guys trying to hustle you or rob you. If some one bangs on your door in Canada while you are sleeping it is probably to politely tell you your truck is on fire. :D
You haven't been trucking down here for about 30 years, eh?

Mike

Staff member
They don't bang on Prime truck doors, They are trying to make money :rolllaugh:
They don't bang on dirty black T660 doors either, LOL.

Although, I was parked at a truckstop a couple weeks ago, and some weirdo was staring through the little window at the bottom of my passenger door. I glanced over and the guy literally had his face up to the window trying to see inside. He ran away really fast once I noticed him.