New To Trucking Which American mega-carriers may require drivers to go to Mexico?

Thomas Mixter

That place scares much more than the possibility of my truck's accidentally going off the cliff because I was a bad driver.

Might Swift make an American driver make a run to Mexico or lose his job?

I don't mind Canada so much I think it is not uncommon for American OTR drivers to cross that border up north.

Johnson

That place scares much more than the possibility of my truck's accidentally going off the cliff because I was a bad driver.

Might Swift make an American driver make a run to Mexico or lose his job?

I don't mind Canada so much I think it is not uncommon for American OTR drivers to cross that border up north.
Most carriers use a bonded drop location for that.
Mexican drivers pick up and take'em across deliver, reload'em and bring it back.

Thomas Mixter

Most carriers use a bonded drop location for that.
Mexican drivers pick up and take'em across deliver, reload'em and bring it back.
They drop and hook American trailers? That's a relief I don't have to drive down there. I just hope they don't plant explosives in the trailer they send back to us.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have done loads to Mexico and they cross-dock it in Laredo. I have seen many American companies cross-docking in Laredo for the trip across the border to Mexico.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
They drop and hook American trailers? That's a relief I don't have to drive down there. I just hope they don't plant explosives in the trailer they send back to us.
Wow. Chill, Brother. It ain't that bad out here.

Just make sure you have extra gladhand seals. For whatever reason, I have never picked up a transfer trailer at any of the POEs without having to put in gladhand seals.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Wow. Chill, Brother. It ain't that bad out here.

Just make sure you have extra gladhand seals. For whatever reason, I have never picked up a transfer trailer at any of the POEs without having to put in gladhand seals.
We are just as bad eh. I take the grommets from the out of service trailers at the plant To use in serviceable trailers :D
The jockey picking the trailers up for maintenance best have extra grommets:rolllaugh:
I have never been questioned but, I will blame it on the Mexican guy that drives the forklift and has nothing to do with trailers;)

dchawk81

Supporter
We are just as bad eh. I take the grommets from the out of service trailers at the plant To use in serviceable trailers :D
The jockey picking the trailers up for maintenance best have extra grommets:rolllaugh:
I have never been questioned but, I will blame it on the Mexican guy that drives the forklift and has nothing to do with trailers;)
I steal 'em from JB Hunt.