Owner Operator Where to wash my rig?

can't seem to find a place that does a decent and fast job of washing my truck. any suggestions out there? looking for some place in BC.... or general recommendations.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
the streakin beacon they are everywhere

drive the coq from kamloops to the coast. somewhere on that route would be good

i wish. don't have those in bc or washington

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
then if you are like me my driveway and one of the kids that wanted some spending money

if you don't have kids there should be a neighbor kid around that is looking for some quick cash

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
A1 Truck and RV wash in Pasco Wa. I never had to wait in line there. They do a good job. No vacuums though.

RDBG

I had that same problem in BC. Alberta too. Cannot find one worth a damn unless you do it yourself.
the streakin beacon they are everywhere
They don't exist in western Canada.

A1 Truck and RV wash in Pasco Wa. I never had to wait in line there. They do a good job. No vacuums though.
Just steer clear of that seedy excuse for a truck stop down the street. Actually scratch that. I've told them in no uncertain terms to keep me clear of that left coast and they've been doing a real good job so far.

RDBG

Uncivilized hosers!

:mad-97:
Not a lot in western states either. None in Washington or Montana. I concur about western Canada though. They can have that despicable hole.

I have to go to Alberta next week. I'm eagerly anticipating that about as much as one would playing leapfrog with a unicorn.

Tacoma, Washington has a new one open called Tacoma Truck wash 1820 Portland Ave E.
Decent prices they don’t use reclaimed water so no nasty leftover film.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
What about those pay n spray yourself car washes..

Ive seen bobtails in em.... just make sure its tall enough and youll probably need oh atleast 2 rolls of quarters.

Back when I tried lease to own Eagle Truck Wash did a basic tractor wash just soap, brush, rinse for like $25 thatll do if ya aint too picky..

Just dont let em sell ya a bunch of extra crap or it can easily go much more..

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
What about those pay n spray yourself car washes..

Ive seen bobtails in em.... just make sure its tall enough and youll probably need oh atleast 2 rolls of quarters.

Back when I tried lease to own Eagle Truck Wash did a basic tractor wash just soap, brush, rinse for like $25 thatll do if ya aint too picky..

Just dont let em sell ya a bunch of extra crap or it can easily go much more..
My brother washes his truck like that at home. Mostly to get the bugs off the front, pulls it in as far as he can cuz it won’t fit and gets the stacks forward clean of bugs. Then hand washes the rest in his drive. There are several coin operated spray yourself in the I-10 corridor and across Texas. I’ve seen a couple but my brother carries on about them. Lol.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Brush and bucket of soapy water with a dobie pad

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
You forgot the teenager to supply elbow grease.
Exactly. When I was on the team truck my co-driver would get his son to wash the rig on the weekends. The owner provided all the equipment, Stack brushes,ETC and payed the kid.
He did a damned fine job, better than the beacon:thumbsup: