Where the heck is Phoenix? Pullers 20...

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve heard from more than one driver to watch that duckery.

I’m with you, I was passing slow pokes today where the speed limit was 70 and they going 65.

It’s hard to switch from outlaw trucking to follow the rules trucking

Thread starter #147
47AFA455-AD35-4C03-AAD2-6F6B591F83D2.jpeg
06DD0E93-C70D-40F5-8B94-5AC9F4F9F395.jpeg

Heading for Minnesota. Great googly moogly there’s a lot of road construction all over the place, really slows things down. I ran the UP to get out here, never get tired of that view.

No funeral processions this time :cautious:

I just want to go home at this point

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
View attachment 45677 View attachment 45678
Heading for Minnesota. Great googly moogly there’s a lot of road construction all over the place, really slows things down. I ran the UP to get out here, never get tired of that view.

No funeral processions this time :cautious:

I just want to go home at this point
I asked if we could try for the Pacific Northwest after we dump this plate steel. I love the scenery up there! The UP is nice country too. I load lumber up that way when I deliver to Duluth or Superrior.

Thread starter #149
I asked if we could try for the Pacific Northwest after we dump this plate steel. I love the scenery up there! The UP is nice country too. I load lumber up that way when I deliver to Duluth or Superrior.
How wide are you?

Agreed on the scenery

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
How wide are you?

Agreed on the scenery
122” wide 32’ long in the deck, no tarp plate. I meant to get pics I’ll snap some tomorrow and put em up. I’m at the house at the moment.

Thread starter #151
122” wide 32’ long in the deck, no tarp plate. I meant to get pics I’ll snap some tomorrow and put em up. I’m at the house at the moment.
That’s not too bad then, just over 10’ wide.
Pics be cool, like seeing how others do things. I can always learn new things

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
That’s not too bad then, just over 10’ wide.
Pics be cool, like seeing how others do things. I can always learn new things
Heck yeah I like to see others stuff too, learn some new tricks.

Thread starter #157
Heck yeah I like to see others stuff too, learn some new tricks.
The flatbed section is showing less life than a hooker that OD’d on Saturday night. I’m trying to get it going but it’s rowing uphill

That and the door swingers chime in, which kind of defeats having a flatbed section :stare1:

I don’t wander into reefer yanker forums, whatever they have might be catching. No telling what degradation you have to go through to pull an ice box but I ain’t hanging around them to find out :nails:

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
The flatbed section is showing less life than a hooker that OD’d on Saturday night. I’m trying to get it going but it’s rowing uphill

That and the door swingers chime in, which kind of defeats having a flatbed section :stare1:

I don’t wander into reefer yanker forums, whatever they have might be catching. No telling what degradation you have to go through to pull an ice box but I ain’t hanging around them to find out :nails:
You know I grew up the son of a reefer yanker. Got a brother who’s a van driver, My Dad god love him, He asked me one day, why the hell you wanna be a flatbedder. I said cuz the chicks dig it. Then I said no really dad, between being in the army and being a mechanic, I just don’t know how to not work hard for a living.

Thread starter #159
You know I grew up the son of a reefer yanker. Got a brother who’s a van driver, My Dad god love him, He asked me one day, why the hell you wanna be a flatbedder. I said cuz the chicks dig it. Then I said no really dad, between being in the army and being a mechanic, I just don’t know how to not work hard for a living.
It’s more of a challenge, personally.

And, honestly, no trying to get digs in, I get more respect as an open deck driver than I did with van or reefer. It is night and day difference how most shippers treat you in open deck vs van/reefer

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
It’s more of a challenge, personally.

And, honestly, no trying to get digs in, I get more respect as an open deck driver than I did with van or reefer. It is night and day difference how most shippers treat you in open deck vs van/reefer
This is true, and unless your showing up to a union mill, they are usually glad to see you and get you unloaded ASAP. Not a lot of waiting on appointments at warehouses and what not.