where is the best place to get insurance

thomas65

have my own authority, need to find the best place to get insurance. somewhere that doesn't play games if i would have a claim.

Mike

Staff member
have my own authority, need to find the best place to get insurance. somewhere that doesn't play games if i would have a claim.
I spent my first two years of authority with OOIDA. Never had a problem with them, but also never had a claim. They are not A rated insurance, so there is a small number of brokers they don't work with. That was never an issue for me.

As of the 15th of this month, my insurance will be through Northland. Northland and Great West seem to be the top two from the opinions/research I have obtained over the past couple months of insurance shopping. Progressive has pretty good feedback as well, but didn't seem to be quite up there with the other two.

Best thing, find a good agent that can do the work and walk you through the coverages and offer recommendations.

I would advise contacting these folks:

I worked with Jake Campbell, and would recommend him to anyone looking for insurance. I had a ton of questions and he had not problems taking the time to work with me. I ended up with a few really good quotes, two of them being from Progressive and Northland. Northland was a tad more expensive, and required financing the policy rather than direct billing due to only having authority for two years, but overall it was the best policy for me.

They have multiple agents, depending on where you live.