Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
when I went to a metal roof I added lightning rods because of the advice from the roofer until now I thought I wasted my money but this proves otherwise
sorry to hear this Mike and am glad everyone is OK!!!!!

Reactions: AK7

Mike

Staff member
Wow, I am sorry to hear that happened Mike Mike . Everyone is okay and that is what counts
Really got ahold of me once I made it home. After looking over everything, there is no physical explanation as to why the house didn’t go up in flames.

Most of the wiring was fried. Paper on the insulation in the walls was burned, wood in the attic had lots of burn marks.

One outlet in the wall blew loose from the wall and completely through the headboard of one of the kids bed. That part really got ahold of me.

Honestly, we’ve had a couple more thunderstorms since this and they have made me nervous.

Mike

Staff member
Been at the house since last Friday, takes me 9 days sometimes to get in a good 34, lol.

Got home on a Friday. Thought about putting truck and trailer in shop on Saturday for DOT inspections, but told them I would get it there on Monday. Dropped it off with them on Monday. One set of brakes didn’t look great, so I had them replace the brakes and drums on all three axles. Rear seal on transmission was leaking enough that it was beginning to form a drip, so opted to fix that as well.

Picked the truck back up on Tuesday morning, paid my bill, then parked it again.

Briefly scoured the load board, seen nothing that made me want to leave the house, so I didn’t.

Wednesday morning, being at home seemed even more appealing, so we made plans for lots of grilling, a trip to a water slide, a trip to the river for swimming and more grilling, watched others spend way too much on fireworks, fish fry on Friday, and a day of furniture shopping today.

Back to work in the morning. Fort Smith to Lincoln, NE. Reload in Lincoln for Joliet, IL. Had to go back to work at some point I guess.

Mike

Staff member
Edwardsville, IL. Pontoon Beach (flying J) to be more exact, but loading a couple miles away at P&G Edwardsville late this afternoon. As if that isn’t enough punishment, it’s delivering to P&G in Wilmer, TX. Yeah, this is going to raise my average docktime just a bit, but the wait time is baked into the rate, plus it’s JB Hunt, so detention is guaranteed.

I believe this load will elevate me to Gold status. I’ll have to check. Not even sure what that means, but with Silver, I get free Sirius, JB’s national account pricing with Goodyear, and some other stuff I don’t remember.

Left Cuba, MO this morning around 0545, with the intention of being in St. Charles, MO around 0700-0730. Interstate was closed, detoured around that, then about a billion wrecks later, I managed to arrive in St. Charles around 0900. Open delivery window, but the delivery time made it impossible for me to book the loads I was eyeballing, so P&G became the best backup plan.

On the plus side, spoke with the receiver in St. Charles and secured the ability to park there overnight. I don’t like doing that, but I also don’t like the drive into that location during the morning hours. Do this load quite often, so needed to make it easier on myself.

Mike

Staff member
Who knew a Can Chassis could provide so much entertainment?

Parked here at Love's in Hutchins, TX. For those that don't know, it is basically South Dallas.

Once parked, the truck beside me leaves and since the lot is virtually full, another driver backs in with an empty Can Chassis, a short one. As soon as he is backed in, he drops the chassis there and bobtails away.

After that, reading lips became the days entertainment. Looking like an open spot, you would see drivers get excited as they immediately headed over to set up and back in. Couple seconds later, you could see them yelling and cussing in their trucks as they sped away. I mean, I hate that they didn't get a parking spot, but it's comical to see people lose their tempers over something like this.

Then, what prompted me to post this, and I wish I had a four camera recording system on the truck at this point. guy parks a bobtail in front of some containers that Loves has by their shop. Grabs his phone and away he heads for the truck stop. Staring at his phone the entire time, he walks by my truck, and right into the front corner of the chassis. eyes stuck on the phone, and walking fast, LOL. He may as well been struck by a baseball bat the way he stumbled away in pain.

Mike

Staff member
Ah, and this little gem. I guess they drove by the entrance into the truck stop and decided to turn around.

Went too far off the road and now the more they move, the more they continue down the hill toward the trees.

0C5828A3-B128-4486-BF5E-BBB5814199D0.jpeg

Mike

Staff member
Sticking out like a sore thumb tonight. parked between two "new freightliners", so just a tad longer than each of them. No biggie, because the rest of the lot is probably has trucks sticking out as far as me.

Second look: nope, I'm literally looking out the side windows and seeing nothing but open space on each side of me.

At first, I thought maybe I didn't gauge my backing very well. Jump out to look, bumper is over the little sidewalk area, much less than everyone else, but I realize I am the only one with the tandems almost all the way to the rear.

Now I won't sleep over fear of getting hit, but still not sliding the tandems just for overnight parking.

Mike

Staff member
Did the road just come to an end there?
Or was there signage warning the end is near?
No, road didn't end. They decided to just turn around on a narrow road. Drove off the road just enough that the drive axles no longer had enough ground pressure to have any effect, and things went downhill from there.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Who knew a Can Chassis could provide so much entertainment?

Parked here at Love's in Hutchins, TX. For those that don't know, it is basically South Dallas.

Once parked, the truck beside me leaves and since the lot is virtually full, another driver backs in with an empty Can Chassis, a short one. As soon as he is backed in, he drops the chassis there and bobtails away.

After that, reading lips became the days entertainment. Looking like an open spot, you would see drivers get excited as they immediately headed over to set up and back in. Couple seconds later, you could see them yelling and cussing in their trucks as they sped away. I mean, I hate that they didn't get a parking spot, but it's comical to see people lose their tempers over something like this.

Then, what prompted me to post this, and I wish I had a four camera recording system on the truck at this point. guy parks a bobtail in front of some containers that Loves has by their shop. Grabs his phone and away he heads for the truck stop. Staring at his phone the entire time, he walks by my truck, and right into the front corner of the chassis. eyes stuck on the phone, and walking fast, LOL. He may as well been struck by a baseball bat the way he stumbled away in pain.
I remember, I think it was Temple Georgia all these trucks setting up to back in to a spot that had a dropped not full sized fuel tanker. Most seen the tanker and got pissed off and looked for a new spot.
One guy was fully committed to get in this spot. I ran up and said hey, there is a fuel tanker back there!
Oh ****! Thanks man. 👍
No problem! Them fire trucks just park were ever they want and I need to get out of here in the morning;)

Hillbilly Canuck

Elk Mountain, Wyoming. Wagonhound rest area. Peaceful place to park til you get surrounded by noisy trucks, lol.
I used to say there was a special place in hell for reefers. These days I think that special place is reserved for water trucks that go around turning a bit of dust into a sloppy **** hole because someone is a princess.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I used to say there was a special place in hell for reefers. These days I think that special place is reserved for water trucks that go around turning a bit of dust into a sloppy **** hole because someone is a princess.
Hoe Lee Schit. There is a gravel place about two doors down from the plant. So, Sand and dust everywhere on the road out front. They come out with the water truck and spray the road.
It makes more of a mess than just having the dust.
You have probably been there on Bethridge rd.

Hillbilly Canuck

Hoe Lee Schit. There is a gravel place about two doors down from the plant. So, Sand and dust everywhere on the road out front. They come out with the water truck and spray the road.
It makes more of a mess than just having the dust.
You have probably been there on Bethridge rd.
Normally the closest I get to Toronto is occasionally the Coco plant in Mississaugistan or the gong show in Port Credit.