Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Mike

Staff member
I`m not too crazy about West Memphis but the last time I was there,I picked up a load of Arkansas cotton back to NC.Memphis is what I call cotton town.Most of the time I grab a load of cotton from somewhere around there back to Va,NC or SC
Never hauled a cotton load yet.

What’s the cleanup like? That is, if you are talking dryvan.

Mike

Staff member
Made it to the first rest area north of Columbus tonight, leaving me about 120 to the Cleveland area for tomorrow morning delivery. Didn't feel like risking finding parking at the truck stops up the road, as it's been a while since I made it over here to my east coast........

Unload in the morning, then over to Toledo for a flour pickup and deliver on Friday in Lincoln, NE.

Mike

Staff member
And just like that, I am booked until Monday. Received an email from a local broker that I have never used with a load picking up in Nebraska on Friday, delivering near the house on Monday morning. Checked DAT and seen they had the load posted already above market rate, so shot him my MC number and told him I could do it for the rate they were asking on DAT.

I was about halfway planning on working through the weekend and coming in toward the end of next week. Yeah, who am I kidding?

tommyh

Never hauled a cotton load yet.

What’s the cleanup like? That is, if you are talking dryvan.
no clean up ,maybe a few cotton balls lying around.It usually has 88 or 90 bales about 500 lbs each wrapped in some kind of plastic with wire bands.Usually easy on and easy off

Mike

Staff member
Phoenix, AZ.

Don't come here If you plan on using a loadboard to get back out, at least not in a dry van, unless you are legal for California.

Brokers are literally posting loads for just over $1/mile, and before I can call to try to push them higher, the load is already covered. Some would be covered and the load would be removed from the board before my call even connected.

I typically don't call brokers. I post an email address and always get plenty of contact, and I also utilize apps. Today, I had to get desperate and actually talk to these people.

Literally spent all day looking for a load to pick up tomorrow. My intention was to probably wait until tomorrow to book a load, due to brokers pushing things out so cheap on Thursday's, but that gamble looked to be very dangerous this week.

$1.60 to Illinois, I still beat market average (barely).

If I had the guts to go into California, illegally, I could have come out very well out of Calexico. Just did't want to take the chance.

Mike

Staff member
Oh, and the Pilot here in Avondale (99th street), sucks ass.

I'm not coming to Phoenix anymore until next time I come to Phoenix.

Reactions: AK7

Mike

Staff member
Cumby, TX

There is a new rest area here on interstate 30, a big one. It's new to me anyway because it's the first time for me to see it.

Been needing more parking options on this stretch for quite some time.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Cumby, TX

There is a new rest area here on interstate 30, a big one. It's new to me anyway because it's the first time for me to see it.

Been needing more parking options on this stretch for quite some time.
How long will it be before some vandal changes the name from Cumby to Gumby? We should have a place to place wagers.