Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Mike

Staff member
Guess who found a parking spot at the Peelot in West Memphis at 1800? This guy!
Guess who's parked beside an asshat who's air dryer spits every 15 seconds? This guy!
(no wonder the space was available)

Actually, some idle air spots are open, but only two non idle air spots were available when i got here.

Anyhow, only parked here because I am picking up a conveyor from the business next door, meaning don't have to start the Elog clock until I get loaded. Going home with this, delivering it about 20 minutes from the house Monday morning. Dry Van freight at well over $3.00/mile, I'll take it.

Reload on Monday in Jenks, OK. toilet paper, paper towels, etc... going to Brook Park, OH. another grocery warehouse, haven't been to it before. (Marc Glassman). Any reviews on this place?

A bit nervous this place might suck. JB Hunt had it offered on their load board app over market rate. Thought it might be a mistake because they had another load posted today mistakenly for $4.79/mile. So, I added $199 to the rate posted to see what would happen, because they always counter with something silly.

Nope, accepted my offer immediately, and I immediately started kicking myself for not throwing a bigger number at them.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I always thought parking in West Memphis was wide open. It is kind of a hell hole.
You could have parked at Elvis's house. Are you a Christian child?
Ma'am I am tonight! (if it keeps me out of West Memphis).:rolllaugh:

Mike

Staff member
I always thought parking in West Memphis was wide open. It is kind of a hell hole.
You could have parked at Elvis's house. Are you a Christian child?
Ma'am I am tonight! (if it keeps me out of West Memphis).:rolllaugh:
Been a while since I have parked here, and even when i did, it was at the fenced in parking at the Petro (as if that fence is stopping anything.....)

That said, I have forgotten the proper protocol.

When walking into the truckstop at night, do you walk with coat open to expose weapons, or leave the coat closed as to not draw any attention?

I'm thinking go full Wile West with two shiny pistols showing!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
When walking into the truckstop at night, do you walk with coat open to expose weapons, or leave the coat closed as to not draw any attention?

That question needs a poll.

I say if you got the weapons flaunt them , Open coat!
If you don't have weapons zipped up coat and touch your hip every 5 seconds like you have a weapon :biglaugh:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Been a while since I have parked here, and even when i did, it was at the fenced in parking at the Petro (as if that fence is stopping anything.....)

They've got roving security... which is 100% more than any of the rest has

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter

just throw a pair of nun-chucks over your shoulder

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Rent-a-cops

I’ll just continue to protect myself, lol.
That works, but crooks go for low hanging fruit. The PEElot is all by itself, no security fence, dark fields all around.

Low hanging fruit.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
hen walking into the truckstop at night, do you walk with coat open to expose weapons, or leave the coat closed as to not draw any attention?

If you ain't going in full matrix load, you're just a wannabe....

And don't fergit yer raybans and black trench coat.

Mike

Staff member
So, almost loaded with the buttwipe here in Jenks, OK and getting ready to meander up to Brook Park, OH.

Going to another grocery warehouse, this time it's Marc Glassman. Anybody been to this place? Mixed reviews on Google.

Really wasn't intending on going here, but I was playing around with an offer on the JB Hunt 360 board, through in a high offer to see how the app would counter, and the jackwagons accepted my offer. So, I was basically stuck with the load, LOL.

tommyh

I`m not too crazy about West Memphis but the last time I was there,I picked up a load of Arkansas cotton back to NC.Memphis is what I call cotton town.Most of the time I grab a load of cotton from somewhere around there back to Va,NC or SC