Where do you like to truck?

Where do you like to truck?

• The Northeast - because I'm insane. Or I live here.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • The Southeast - because I like crazy humidity, and bugs.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • The Plains - because I like staring at corn, wheat and cows for hours on end.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • The Desert - because Sinister has awesome opinions, and he's right.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I'm a local driver - I'm tired of the same crap but love being home.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • The Pacific NW. Because WA is a great state, and OR sucks too. And 4th of July pass is a great time!

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Oh, Canada. Eh.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Upper Midwest -

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

saddlesore

I prefer the NW... why U ask,,, well I like to fish in rivers and lakes that are so clear that I can see the bottom... and yes 55 mph states sux

Racer X 69

Wow, what a drive. That road, or another just like it was featured on Speed Channel's Dangerous Drives recently. Some guy and his kid pulling tankers with large cars over the route and at one spot the road is so narrow that 2 trucks barely clear each other.

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
Wow, what a drive. That road, or another just like it was featured on Speed Channel's Dangerous Drives recently. Some guy and his kid pulling tankers with large cars over the route and at one spot the road is so narrow that 2 trucks barely clear each other.
It can be a hair raising experience, but you become use to it, its just real bad in the winter with snow, if you noticed there are not many guard rails except when you get close to a town. They literally don't want you dropping in

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
13,9 on the underpass...it dont look that tall.
I have not yet challenged it, but wonder if that is the center only. I run flats and drops or rgns only. I have had the trailer skim the rocks on some of the switchbacks when another truck was going the other way. The average shoulder is about 3 feet before you take the plunge. Once you drive it a few times its like riding a bike, but try it with an oversize and the challenge is on or on a nice fresh foot plus snow.

diehard

redneck
if i did challenge it...it would be really slow. or follow another truck to see what it looked like. that would be a beautiful ride thru there tho.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I have decided I no longer have any interest in trucking in the state of Maryland.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, whats that, 7 miles??

When you gotta wait on a permit for 5 days, then trooper esorts for 48 hours, you end up losing a week...

The "free state" sucks sweaty balls.

Racer X 69

Yeah, whats that, 7 miles??

When you gotta wait on a permit for 5 days, then trooper esorts for 48 hours, you end up losing a week...

The "free state" sucks sweaty balls.
Try Quebec. Gotta have "D Panels", not OVERSIZE LOAD banners.

That, "sucks le sweaty balls".

wargames

Drug Runner
I'm a local driver - I'm tired of the same crap but love being home. besides I live in Wisconsin, I love Football, How about them PACKERS, beer, woman, and lots of GUNS.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Try Quebec. Gotta have "D Panels", not OVERSIZE LOAD banners.

That, "sucks le sweaty balls".
Heh. I know some guys that did tower sections in Quebec a few years back. They really got a lot of static, and had a lot of sit time because permits were a few millimeters off. I think we have some D panels in our shop someplace.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I figured I'd ressurrect this thread.

I still like the desert best. Yesterday it was windy as hell here near Ft. Stockton though, but today is absolutely gorgeous. Right now, it's 76 degrees and I have to door open to my room enjoying the fresh air. Even when it's 100 here the humidity is so little that with a decent breeze we can work outside without dying. You're still sweating...it's just that the desert drinks the moisture off of you so fast it doesn't feel like it. So you still have to be careful about dehydration, and muscle cramps and so on.

The only thing that would be better than today would be being home, or at Miller Park watching the Brewers struggling with the Cubs.

knucklehead

King of the Road
I voted N.E. cause I'm crazy and know the region like the back of my hand. Plus, it means I'll get home on time for the weekends.