what's your view right now? (or from whenever Flemming asks for them)

Fins

Have you ever driven one? It's basically a W900 with a setback steer axle and a different hood.
Yes, I have. There isn't much in the way of trucks that in my 40 years of driving them, that I haven't driven. Maybe not a 400" W/B like that one, but 330" was as long as I have driven.

Again, I'm not a fan of the sloped nose look. I like the classic designs of a full hood. I would rather have a 362 style COE over a slope nose tractor. We all have our preference. My very first truck that I bought was a 1970 K125, with a warmed up 8V71. I'm deaf today because of those straight pipes up the back of the sleeper.

Duck

Nose-Man
Supporter
Yes, I have. There isn't much in the way of trucks that in my 40 years of driving them, that I haven't driven. Maybe not a 400" W/B like that one, but 330" was as long as I have driven.

Again, I'm not a fan of the sloped nose look. I like the classic designs of a full hood. I would rather have a 362 style COE over a slope nose tractor. We all have our preference. My very first truck that I bought was a 1970 K125, with a warmed up 8V71. I'm deaf today because of those straight pipes up the back of the sleeper.
I think everyone prefers the look of the big square hoods. But the visibility and fuel economy are enough to compensate for that for most guys paying the fuel bill.

I have no idea if the slope nose gives lower insurance rates or not. Probably not.

@mndriver is the world renowned expert on truck insurance matters. 😉

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
@mndriver is the world renowned expert on truck insurance matters. 😉
Insurance on t ucks is generally 2-4% of value. The newer the truck is, the lower the percentage.my century was about 3.5%. the Volvo's are about 2.2%.

I have zero clue other than listed value why that is.

@Mike or anyone that pays those bills would be aware of those numbers too.

Fins

I find that the newer the truck, the lower the rates due to the safety features incorporated into them.

That's bobtail and general liability. Cargo coverage varies widely depending on the type of commodity. General over perishable over haz-mat.