Whats your opinion

I'm thinking of going to US EXPRESS. Does anyone have any experience with them or opinions?

Nomad1

My parents started with them years ago. They are a typical Mega company. If you are willing to run you will get miles. They did have some nice terminals and decent equipment. I would imagine they still do now. Most people don't realize how big in trucking that family is. If you're going to team you will have a lot better chance of really long runs.

dchawk81

I didn't hate it. I was dedicated though. OTR guys I talked to seemed to be okay with their gig.

Same as most places I think...there's work if you want it but no faith in you if you're a slackass.

I'd go back if I had to. I left mostly due to the lack of benefits on our account. We didn't have 401k or paid vacation at the time and I worked 6 days a week despite being local and in day cabs.

Company itself was pretty decent.

Mike

Staff member
Got kids? This company is offering paid college tuition, something to look into if you are a parent or wanting to further your own education. I think this benefit kicks in on day one.

Nomad1

Got kids? This company is offering paid college tuition, something to look into if you are a parent or wanting to further your own education. I think this benefit kicks in on day one.
I actually checked into this last week. It's for one particular school that my daughter is not interested in. It's a pretty good deal though.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Educating truck drivers would be counter productive to driver retention IMO.:biglaugh: