whats the best place to lease purchase from if you have less than perfect credit

truckinswede

Im tired of making money for the boss while I get peanuts and driving his junk truck that he only puts enough money into to keep it rolling.....Im looking for driver info about lease purchase programe from drivers thats dont it....thx everyone

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
So your tired of making money for the boss and getting peanuts and you want to enter into a lease to never own.take away the expense from a big company of owning the truck and moving thier frieght? Correct?

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Im tired of making money for the boss while I get peanuts and driving his junk truck that he only puts enough money into to keep it rolling.....Im looking for driver info about lease purchase programe from drivers thats dont it....thx everyone

Lease Purchase deals won't be any different. Your excercise in starvation will continue and you have little chance of success.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
don't get suckered int a lease purchase program most of them are designed to fail so the companies squeeze you for every drop of blood they can get from you and then you turn the truck in and the lease it out to the next sucker in line.save your money and make a down payment and get a loan at lest that way if things don't work out to the company you lease too you can change companies if need be.

TruckingBiker

IF YOU DON'T RIDE, THEN YOU DON'T KNOW!
don't get suckered int a lease purchase program most of them are designed to fail so the companies squeeze you for every drop of blood they can get from you and then you turn the truck in and the lease it out to the next sucker in line.save your money and make a down payment and get a loan at lest that way if things don't work out to the company you lease too you can change companies if need be.
I second that. Been there done that. Same money as company driving minus health insurance.

TruckingBiker

terrylamar

I have a different take on the lease/purchase. I tried it and succeeded. In my first year I made money while most were not making money. I did talk to quite a few lease drivers that were doing well.

After my first year, I signed up for a different lease program and saved $16,000.00 on the purchase of my truck. I was able to pay my truck off in only four months.

Why did I succeed when so many fail? I don't really know. I do have some ideas and will admit luck played a pretty big role.

I educated myself on the trucking industry before I became a driver. I started off with a company, TMC, that taught me some good habits. I sought out successful drivers and asked them how they did things, why were they successful. I avoided the drivers that sat around complaining all the time.

I signed on with ATS. I had heard all the horror stories about lease programs. I really didn't want to lease a truck, but this was early 2009, I had less than two years as a driver and I didn't have many options.

I treated my business as a business. I wasn't merely a driver. There are only two ways to put more money in your pocket. More loads or to be more efficient. I concentrated on becoming more efficient.

I jumped on the GPS bandwagon early on. Less out of route miles, faster drive times. I was criticized for it, but it brought up my productivity beyond what even some experienced drivers could produce. There are still morons out there that won't use GPS.

I did everything I could to get my fuel mileage up. I have been turning in some very impressive numbers. Most importantly, I'm putting an additional $20,000 to $30,000 per year than many drivers because I concentrate on fuel mileage. Despite what many will try to tell you, I am not loosing any miles, not loosing any loads and I'm making more money as well as saving more money.

Now I'm not trying to tell you I'm the smartest driver out there, I'm not. I have made many mistakes. I may have made one of the biggest when I quit ATS. I was well on my way to gross over $200,000 this year. But I got p*ssed off with their inefficiencies and decided to leave. They cost me over $30,000 or $40,000 because of their screwups.

Can I do a better job as an owner operator with my own authority? Who knows? I may do worse. I'm still vacillating between getting my own authority or opening a Martial Arts School. My own Martial Arts School is one venture I haven't succeeded at, yet.

I really should stick with something I seem to be good at, trucking. That is the way I am leaning, today at least. After all, I have a truck that is paid off. Enough money in the bank to purchase an inexpensive trailer and the money to pay for all the cost associated with getting my own authority.

So, to answer your question, one Lease Program I can recommend is ATS out of St. Cloud, MN. I do not beleive they, conciously, do anything to make you fail. I had great success there.

I second that. Been there done that. Same money as company driving minus health insurance.

TruckingBiker
save your money and if you have to lease see a lawyer 1st and go over the contract so you will understand what you can and can not do....get your credit report you may have stuff on there that is not to be and you can challenge it and ask it taken off, you will be surprise how your score will rise....and when you get the truck have it dyno cause I hear there mat bills will take you under if you break down....and most of all be a strong businessman!!!!! Dont punk out and get forced to do it.....

moonshadow1966

ALOT OF PEOPLE HATE LEASE . DO YOUR RESEARCH. I LEASE WITH A COMPANY MAKING 1.44MILE THAT INCLUDES FSC. IM ON ELOGS LAST WEEK I ONLY DROVE 2500MI. STILL TOOK HOME 1587.00. AND I PAY FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING BASE PLATES. YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF THE ACCELERATOR YOU CAN MAKE IT . WE GOT A GENEROUS FUEL DISCOUNT WITH PILOT AND FLYING J. WE GET A CHOICE OF LOADS USUALLY THREE. THEY LIKE FOR YOU TO HAVE HAZ MAT WHY I DONT KNOW WE NEVER PULL IT. DETENTION TIME 35.00HR . TRUCKS ARE 2009 2010 KWT660. YOU COULD END UP WITH A 2011 ALSO. MY PAYMENTS ARE 580.62 A WEEK TRUCK COMES WITH AN APU. THIS COMPANY TAKES PRIDE IN YOU SUCCEDING. YES THEY DO MAKE MONEY OFF YOU THATS NO LIE. BUT THERE GIVING YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO OWN. THIS YEAR WE HAD 65 DRIVERS RECIEVE THERE TITLES SOME STAY ON OTHERS TAKE THERE TRUCKS MOVE ON. SOME HAVE SOLD THERE TRUCKS ALSO. BOTTOM LINE YOU SUCCED COMPANY SUCCEEDS. THEY WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. SO THEY MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU. BUT YOU MAKE MONEY TO SO THERE YOU GO. THE MOST I MADE I WEEK TAKE HOME WAS 3039.00 I AVERAGE 1200.00 1700.00 TAKE HOME . AND I DONT WORK HARD FOR IT . MOST OF OUR FREIGHT 65% DROP HOOK BOTH ENDS AWESOME.

moonshadow1966

RESON WHY I LEASE I OFFERED FREIGHTLINER 10,000 DOWN I HAVE NO CREDIT . I HAVE NO BILLS BUT I PAY CHILD SUPPORT 200.00WEEK. SO MAYBE THAT HAD SUMTHING TO DO WITH IT. THIS COMPANY GIVES YOU THE TOOLS TO SUCCEED . THEY DONT WANT THE TRUCK AFTER YOU PAY IT OFF ITS 4YRS OLD THEY MOVE ON TO NEW EVERYBODY WANT NEW. THERE IN THE PROCESSS OF HIRING 50 DRIVERS BY JUNE. YOU WANNA LEASE CONTACT ME DROP ME A MAIL GIVE YOU THE INFO. GOOD LUCK

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
ALOT OF PEOPLE HATE LEASE . DO YOUR RESEARCH. I LEASE WITH A COMPANY MAKING 1.44MILE THAT INCLUDES FSC. IM ON ELOGS LAST WEEK I ONLY DROVE 2500MI. STILL TOOK HOME 1587.00. AND I PAY FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING BASE PLATES. YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF THE ACCELERATOR YOU CAN MAKE IT . WE GOT A GENEROUS FUEL DISCOUNT WITH PILOT AND FLYING J. WE GET A CHOICE OF LOADS USUALLY THREE. THEY LIKE FOR YOU TO HAVE HAZ MAT WHY I DONT KNOW WE NEVER PULL IT. DETENTION TIME 35.00HR . TRUCKS ARE 2009 2010 KWT660. YOU COULD END UP WITH A 2011 ALSO. MY PAYMENTS ARE 580.62 A WEEK TRUCK COMES WITH AN APU. THIS COMPANY TAKES PRIDE IN YOU SUCCEDING. YES THEY DO MAKE MONEY OFF YOU THATS NO LIE. BUT THERE GIVING YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO OWN. THIS YEAR WE HAD 65 DRIVERS RECIEVE THERE TITLES SOME STAY ON OTHERS TAKE THERE TRUCKS MOVE ON. SOME HAVE SOLD THERE TRUCKS ALSO. BOTTOM LINE YOU SUCCED COMPANY SUCCEEDS. THEY WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. SO THEY MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU. BUT YOU MAKE MONEY TO SO THERE YOU GO. THE MOST I MADE I WEEK TAKE HOME WAS 3039.00 I AVERAGE 1200.00 1700.00 TAKE HOME . AND I DONT WORK HARD FOR IT . MOST OF OUR FREIGHT 65% DROP HOOK BOTH ENDS AWESOME.
No need to shout . You grossed 1587.00 .-your 580.62 payment .-plates.-insurance. - money you should be paying to the truck for the future, repairs and the puchase of another truck , So you can continue earning those large figures . So at the end of they day what is your REAL take home pay?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
RESON WHY I LEASE I OFFERED FREIGHTLINER 10,000 DOWN I HAVE NO CREDIT . I HAVE NO BILLS BUT I PAY CHILD SUPPORT 200.00WEEK. SO MAYBE THAT HAD SUMTHING TO DO WITH IT. THIS COMPANY GIVES YOU THE TOOLS TO SUCCEED . THEY DONT WANT THE TRUCK AFTER YOU PAY IT OFF ITS 4YRS OLD THEY MOVE ON TO NEW EVERYBODY WANT NEW. THERE IN THE PROCESSS OF HIRING 50 DRIVERS BY JUNE. YOU WANNA LEASE CONTACT ME DROP ME A MAIL GIVE YOU THE INFO. GOOD LUCK
i will get right on that . It sounds like you have everything figured out except how to turn off the caps lock!

moonshadow1966

LEASING IS A BUSINESS. I AVG .58MI TAKE HOME THATS BETTER THAN COMPANY I WAS COMPANY FOR 17YRS. I GO HOME WHEN I WANT . NOT FOR LONG THO GOT THAT PAYMENT TO MAKE. SO I SWING BY THE HOUSE AT LEAST 1 A WEEK EVERY 2WEEKS I TAKE 3 DAYS OFF. IF I MADE SOME REAL GUD MONEY I TAKE WEEK OFF . PAY THE PAYMENT OUT OF MY BANK IM STILL AHEAD. KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT THE KEY TO SUCCESS I DRIVE 63 AVG. 7.5 7.8 SUMTIMES 8. THAT WITH AN AVG LOAD WEIGHT OF 35000. ALOT OF OUR LOADS WEIGH LESS THAN THAT YOU LEARN OUR ROUTE PUT YOURSELF IN POSITION TO GET THEM . YOU GET A CHOICE OF 3 LOADS TAKES CPL MONTHS BUT YOU GET IT . MONEY IN THE BANK. LAST YEAR I MADE 92,000 TOOK 8 FULL WEEKS OFF AT LEAST

moonshadow1966

THAT IS MY TAKE HOME PAY. I PAY 200.00 CHILD SUPPORT STILL TAKE THAT HOME THATS AVG. I HAVE ALOT OF WEEKS MY TAKE HOME OVER 2000.00 NOT HARD TO DO

moonshadow1966

MY GROSS LAST WEEK WAS 3687.00 MY TAKE HOME WAS 1587.00 . AFTER ALL THE BILLS PAID. I PAY BASE, PRE PASS, HFUT, OCC, TRIP PAK W/TRUCK SCANNER,YOU NAME IT I PAY. JUST AS AN OWNER WOULD BUT THE THEY KEEP YOU MOVIN LEGAL.

moonshadow1966

I USE TO BE A LEASE HATER TO. I DID SOME RESEARCH FOR A YEAR AND A HALF FOUND A COMPANY AND STARTED GRILLING THERE DRIVER FINALLY TOOK THE PLUNGE HAVENT LOOKED BACK. THE ONES THAT HATE ON LEASE MOST LIKELY DIDNT DO THERE RESEARCH. I KNOW THERE ALOT OF SCAMS OUT THERE BOUT 90% ARE. BUT 10% ARE LEGIT.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
WHY DO TRUCKERS ALWAYS GOTTA COMPLAIN BOUT SUMTHING SO MINOR CAP LOCKS OR NOT READS THE SAME. WHINNER
That's universally whined about across all the internets. It's considered bad "netiquette", and frankly makes you look ignorant.

Perhaps it's your fingerless gloves that keep you from turning the caps lock off?