what's the best companies to drive for in reefer?

dave350

Here's a link to the Gale Courses. I had trouble getting to the classes offered on their website so I went through the libraries website.
Maybe I need a class on website navigation? :dunno:

Howard County Library System

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Here's a link to the Gale Courses. I had trouble getting to the classes offered on their website so I went through the libraries website.
Maybe I need a class on website navigation? :dunno:

Howard County Library System
I did "reefer" for almost 2 years straight and I never got a good nights sleep..

Strictly Dry Van from now on..

Could do flatbed too actually got some expirience but I aint tarping in Dakota winds . .

Nor am I gonna half kill myself with chains and binders

joseph1135

Supporter
I run for Lessors since 2007. They’re good.... and bad. The miles are here, the trucks and trailers are new and well maintained. They pretty much leave you alone to do your job. The bad is some of the moves they make to see to it you don’t get a raise, like delaying a raise for a parking ticket.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
I run for Lessors since 2007. They’re good.... and bad. The miles are here, the trucks and trailers are new and well maintained. They pretty much leave you alone to do your job. The bad is some of the moves they make to see to it you don’t get a raise, like delaying a raise for a parking ticket.
Thats nothing new ...most companies pull bullcrap with Bonuses

Worse I have yet to meet "One" driver who actually got a Sign On Bonus. .

Sign On "bonus" is just Eye Candy to get ya in the door...

Either The terms are so Bureaucratic its impossible ..

Or its such a Crappy Company ya aint got time to stick that long to get it and move on

Nestle takes on O/O. Good company but I don't know what's available in your area.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Thats nothing new ...most companies pull bullcrap with Bonuses

Worse I have yet to meet "One" driver who actually got a Sign On Bonus. .

Sign On "bonus" is just Eye Candy to get ya in the door...

Either The terms are so Bureaucratic its impossible ..

Or its such a Crappy Company ya aint got time to stick that long to get it and move on
Hi:wave: I am a guy that got a sign on bonus. Of course they didn't pay it out every quarter like they were supposed to. I called them in the third quarter and said, Hey where is my sign on bonus? They paid the first 3 quarters due me in a lump sum:thumbsup: and the final quarter was paid on time.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Hi:wave: I am a guy that got a sign on bonus. Of course they didn't pay it out every quarter like they were supposed to. I called them in the third quarter and said, Hey where is my sign on bonus? They paid the first 3 quarters due me in a lump sum:thumbsup: and the final quarter was paid on time.
Welp Good 4 you Rigjockey Rigjockey and may I say that I am very Proud for you

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
I've always received a bonus that was promised.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
You have to stay with a company for more than 90 days to get that bonus.
I was at my last job for almost a year and a half..

Started out as a driver fall of 2016 and transfered to inside the plant..

Also Injun Injun ya forgot the Grain Elevator stayed there awhile too...

And that place that ran Detroit to Arkansas and Laredo Texas while I worked there Twice collectivelly had about 2 years with em but they wont re-hire me ever again

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Wizzed in somebody's Wheaties, huh?
Got just a little too sweet with one of the dispatcher ladies.

I williningly "resigned" and went home..

Never heard from them again but they marked my DAC Report full of Stupid Crap

Last edited:

RamblingPete

I'm a independent contract driver . Company I work for is paying me .58 cent a mile . Their pretty small , couple owner ops and some of their own trucks but they do have a decent trailer pool . I run to between Cali and Chicago mostly ... then it switches up when I head home to Florida.

dchawk81

I'm a independent contract driver . Company I work for is paying me .58 cent a mile . Their pretty small , couple owner ops and some of their own trucks but they do have a decent trailer pool . I run to between Cali and Chicago mostly ... then it switches up when I head home to Florida.
Wait, what? I can't even haul a single car with my half ton pickup truck for that.