Whats for Supper?

(((ME)))

no thanks...plenty of wild turkeys around here, but i'd rather have someone else deal with the blood and guts...
🤣......I figured this would not be your cup of tea.....🤔...😂

(((ME)))

Large roaster of baked chicken....removed bones and skin....built from this....chicken noodle soup, chicken casserole,chicken and rice, chicken sandwich spread.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Grave yard duty.....be careful be safe..
oh yeah, i show up anywhere's from 7 to 8 PM, go over the truck, if it needs anything, a quick 1/4 mile ride to Penske. (switch out truck if need to) if nothing needed, a quick nap, the guys make enough noise in the trailer to wake me up.

go inside, check load, close door, get papers, take off..(time leaving varies depending on how much of a load), but most nights, out the gate by 8:30.

Norwood, Ma, Boston, Boston, Wilmington, MA, then off to Portland, ME and return.....

maybe stop for a roller dog and coffee, maybe run straight back, home at my house, about 4:30-5:30 AM, depending on weather, any accidents, deer strikes, construction....

rinse, repeat the next night.

imma gonna miss this job, when i retire....or maybe i won't retire......

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
oh yeah, i show up anywhere's from 7 to 8 PM, go over the truck, if it needs anything, a quick 1/4 mile ride to Penske. (switch out truck if need to) if nothing needed, a quick nap, the guys make enough noise in the trailer to wake me up.

go inside, check load, close door, get papers, take off..(time leaving varies depending on how much of a load), but most nights, out the gate by 8:30.

Norwood, Ma, Boston, Boston, Wilmington, MA, then off to Portland, ME and return.....

maybe stop for a roller dog and coffee, maybe run straight back, home at my house, about 4:30-5:30 AM, depending on weather, any accidents, deer strikes, construction....

You have to go inside? Yuck. Peasant.

My job is pretty gravy too, we just need better maintenance and certain dispatchers need to learn to read so it doesn't **** me off and make me go home early.

Oh and I found out going over 60 doesn't actually affect the bonus anymore so I've been less stressed on that front. Hammer down and fuggetaboutit.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
You have to go inside? Yuck. Peasant.
oh yeah, i go inside, cuz many nights, i get those large reels of wire or cable, they are on these

1570895506834.png

sometimes,

1570895602573.png

sometimes

1570895894724.png

all depends on what type of wire the customer ordered up, and NONE of them are blocked to the floor, they are only secured by other freight....which at my last stop in Maine, i am parked at a slight decline(??) and they just roll off the trailer, and into the back wall...setting off the alarm, as it goes past my "zone" area.....lol

so i wanna know what i got

(((ME)))

I worked gravy yard most of my life......liked it fit my lifestyle. But hung it up and retired.....figured fifty years of work was enough.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
I worked gravy yard most of my life......liked it fit my lifestyle. But hung it up and retired.....figured fifty years of work was enough.
well technically, when we factor in my age now, and that i started working at the age of 14, i too am well past 50 years of working...

i'd like to retire, but, then, i'd have a long list of things to do at the house......and i won't be getting paid, to do them..!!!

(((ME)))

well technically, when we factor in my age now, and that i started working at the age of 14, i too am well past 50 years of working...

i'd like to retire, but, then, i'd have a long list of things to do at the house......and i won't be getting paid, to do them..!!!
I was 13 first job working out in the general public was washing dishes for a cafe after school and weekends.....made a whole fifty cents a hour....😊 but it bought my art supplies. Learned a lot about cooking from the old seasoned cooks.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
I was 13 first job working out in the general public was washing dishes for a cafe after school and weekends.....made a whole fifty cents a hour....😊 but it bought my art supplies. Learned a lot about cooking from the old seasoned cooks.
many of us started working at a young age, long before it was required to get "working papers" like they have been doing for decades now.

funny too, how so little money back then, bought a lot.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I got fixings for shrimp stir fry, but my drop tonight means that's for tomorrow. Likes like its gonna be yet another coronary-inducing burger...

Latest posts