Whats for Supper?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Wild Turkey Bourbon.
Honestly, Tonight I am just on this thread tonight to find out who's place i am going to have dinner.
Somehow I think everyone will show up here for Bourbon.

Last edited:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Pizza!
I called the pizza shop and the delivery guy answered the phone.
Hello, I would like to order pizza for delivery ( i have a pretty distinct voice)
How are you my friend? Same usual order?
Yup! see you in a bit.:thumbsup:

These guys are awesome!:thumbsup: My mother that lives across town asked if they had milk when she ordered. She wanted it for her tea.
They did not have milk but, when they delivered the pizza the delivery guy had a gallon of milk in hand. He made an extra stop:thumbsup: Just for her.

Last edited:

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
I just got done helping my grand daughter and her new husband put on a corn roast.
I didn't realize that there are some people that don't know the easiest way to put one on until today so I thought I would share a few tips in case there are some on here that would like to throw one but hate the work involved.

to begin with figure 3 ears per person, they expected around 50 people so the bought 14 dozen a bit of overkill but it worked out for me that got the leftover corn.

instead of messin with pulling back the shucks to clean out the silk just cut both ends back far enough to get into the good corn.

roast your corn as usual, have a few roasters on hand to place the corn in to keep it hot.

when ready to serve have a SHARP knife handy cut the shucks lengthwise and it will just peel off now as to the quick way to butter all that corn,
I have a one gallon container that is perfect, add a couple quarts of heated half and half to the container in which you add a few sticks of butter, use some tongs and just dunk the ears in it and you have a perfectly buttered ear of corn.

the party turned out great but so many people said that they have never seen corn done this way so hence this post.

my dad and I used to put a corn roast on for a boat club my family belonged too some times more than 200 folks would show up but we still only had a few hours of work in it and was able to enjoy the party ourselves.

PS. I got about 45 ears of cook corn from the party and stripped the corn from the cob, vacuumed sealed it and now anytime I want some fried corn all I gotta do is throw it in a skillet with a little butter add a bit of sugar to carmelize it and in 5 minutes have a great side dish to go with whatever else I am having or even just to eat all by itself

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
2 Harvey's Hamburger Double burgers.
No wait,they are about to become cheese burgers. I am sorry but I just can't feature paying $1.25 for a slice of cheese. YA' I am cheap like that :bootyshake:

2 large fries. Like to throw the frying pan to crispen the up to my standards

Working on my fat assednes :thumbsup:

dchawk81

I just got done helping my grand daughter and her new husband put on a corn roast.
I didn't realize that there are some people that don't know the easiest way to put one on until today so I thought I would share a few tips in case there are some on here that would like to throw one but hate the work involved.

to begin with figure 3 ears per person, they expected around 50 people so the bought 14 dozen a bit of overkill but it worked out for me that got the leftover corn.

instead of messin with pulling back the shucks to clean out the silk just cut both ends back far enough to get into the good corn.

roast your corn as usual, have a few roasters on hand to place the corn in to keep it hot.

when ready to serve have a SHARP knife handy cut the shucks lengthwise and it will just peel off now as to the quick way to butter all that corn,
I have a one gallon container that is perfect, add a couple quarts of heated half and half to the container in which you add a few sticks of butter, use some tongs and just dunk the ears in it and you have a perfectly buttered ear of corn.

the party turned out great but so many people said that they have never seen corn done this way so hence this post.

my dad and I used to put a corn roast on for a boat club my family belonged too some times more than 200 folks would show up but we still only had a few hours of work in it and was able to enjoy the party ourselves.

PS. I got about 45 ears of cook corn from the party and stripped the corn from the cob, vacuumed sealed it and now anytime I want some fried corn all I gotta do is throw it in a skillet with a little butter add a bit of sugar to carmelize it and in 5 minutes have a great side dish to go with whatever else I am having or even just to eat all by itself
Too many words. I'll just nuke a potato.