What Issues Are Important To You And Why?

What are some issues that matter to you as a trucker?

• Hours of Operation

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Health of Truckers

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Industry Pay

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Safety On The Road

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Industry Growth

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Please xplain) Below

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

smokeybandit23

Here's just a general poll for truckers. What issues are important to you and why? Feel free to after choosing an option to explain further, if you wish. I'm writing some articles on trucking and want to get some feedback about what I should be working on.

realdesertkickin

i'll help, but first you must fill in the blanks to see that you are real

"big and little E____ _____ette"

hint, your screen name

realdesertkickin

- If none of the above, what issues do concern you?

realdesertkickin - are we talking about "big and little Enos Burdette?" I'm definitely real, folks!
You passed...sorry for the doubt

A big issue is the driver mills...Schools that quick train drivers just to get them to barely pass test by using thier own 3rd party testers...Its scary having these drivers out there..
Worse yet, they are importing immigrants from scary places everyday..paying for the school etc etc..handing them a career basically....We have scary looking unfriendly middle eastern and russian drivers
everywhere..
They work for cheap....25 cents a mile...Theres so many of these drivers that the pay is dropping for everyone..

Men all over driving and driving and driving for 500 a week....man cant survive on that

Another issue is the racket of e-reporting....hire right, CSA and PSP scoring...companies are wrecking peoples hire-ability with bad reports, misdirected reports, false and fraudulent reports....

Meanwhile, bad scary drivers are making it to other companies and causing death and destruction out there...

Our government tries to legislate safety with HOS and stuff...A waste of time and money...A bad driver driving while sleepy is a bad driver no matter how much hes ran all week...
I get tired and start yawning in 2 hours....Ive been dangerous in 4 hours....some men can run all day and night!! Drivers should be trusted to run how they want to run...If a driver messes up, he's toast forever..

E logs are a joke...If I drive off-duty...I can call it a mistake and the elog manager can do a correction to keep you legal...I can say its not working and goto paper logs for the day..Its stoopid
Im safe 3 to 5 hours, then Im scary!!! Should pull over scary!! ( and do of course)..(Im 390 pounds LOL!!)

Some of you boys can run until the job is done, wherever the frick they want it...Lake titykaka or lake mead or rhode island or saskatchawan!! No matta!!

Us professionals should absolutely determine what weights we want to haul, when and how and where !! We should pull over and sleep when we need to..whether its 4 hours, or 400 hours///

smokeybandit23

realdesertkickin - thanks very much for the feedback. These are all excellent topics that other drivers seem to care about as well. Appreciate it!

Geranimojess

When I was Driving both Trucks and Coaches I was Freelancing...My immediate opinions regarding your above Poll were formed during my Interview with these Companies and if they suited my requirements...I found Family run Companies were more inclined to treat the Driver fair and the smaller the Company the more attention was paid to the "Fleet"...The pay structure in all the Companies were compliant with National Pay for that type of work...conditions were excellent and any reported faults were quickly repaired by Official Garages {IE..Mercedes -Scania}... regular checks by the RSA { Road Safety Authority} also saw that all Vehicles were kept to an acceptable standard...

Maybe I was one of the Lucky ones,but I was happy with all the Companies I worked with...If I wasn't I left...

Latest posts