Truckers Health What is your master fire escape plan for your sleeper berth?

phoenix827

Just for reference, the powder in them tends to pack itself solid after a while. Every few months they should be taken out, smacked around a bit and shaken until you feel it move around inside. And if you ever need to use it, whack the bottom corner into something before you pull the pin. It would really suck if you go to use it and nothing but air comes out because the powder is all caked up inside.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
:rolllaugh:I had one fire extinguisher go off on it's own. I heard hissing sound under the seat, I had no idea where it was coming from.
Not cool when you show up at the border with white powder all over the floor.;)
:dunno:
One time I was unloading a m105 trailer in Iraq with a couple other joes and I went to hop out and knocked off a fire extinguisher that was sitting on the tailgate. As my feet hit the ground the valve busted off the top. It shot like a missile between my legs hit a rock came back between my feet bounced up hit the axle then back between my legs at almost crotch height. Then hit the ground and spun in circles till it was done. I looked like the guy getting his feet shot at in an old western hopping around. Lol

dchawk81

Supporter
One time I was unloading a m105 trailer in Iraq with a couple other joes and I went to hop out and knocked off a fire extinguisher that was sitting on the tailgate. As my feet hit the ground the valve busted off the top. It shot like a missile between my legs hit a rock came back between my feet bounced up hit the axle then back between my legs at almost crotch height. Then hit the ground and spun in circles till it was done. I looked like the guy getting his feet shot at in an old western hopping around. Lol
Dance, boy, dance!

phoenix827

Omg! I did the same thing with a jumping jack (spinning firework) under my chair YEARS ago! Only problem was the chair next to me had my fiance and her 2.5 year old daughter. The jumping jack pinged all over in between all the chair legs and scared the CRAP out of both of them! Yes, I got in a LOT of trouble that night! :)