What is the best fuel filter for a Davco?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I've had issues, multiple times, after having a Baldwin fuel filter installed. You know how fuel will be at least at the bottom of the filter after few miles of use? Had Baldwin filters that would have no fuel showing
I’ve got that crappy Baldwin filter in and it’s hardly showing any fuel either. Usually they’re an inch or two up the glass after normal run time

Mike

Staff member
BTW, the luberfiner filter looks identical to a Baldwin.

New box of Donaldsons at home.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I stuck a Baldwin on my pickup. My sister gave it to me. She got it cheap back when she worked at CTP.

Considering it sacrificial to get the tanks cleaned up. Then it's Motorcraft from there on.

It's more like a regular oil filter though so maybe it won't matter as much.

IMG_20190602_014202.jpg

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
I’m in the same situation with a LuberFiner filter right now. Nothing in my truck to replace it with other than an old Baldwin, so just dealing with it til I get home in a couple days.
They changed the top knob on the filter bowl

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
111E00CA-FD80-4DAE-B168-5603B4AAFB76.jpeg
Is that much crap normal after changing the Davco filter?

I didn’t wash it but I did wipe it out really well with a couple rags before draining it

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I find it hilarious and that y’all have to change fuel filters so much. Mine gets changed at service. I have a spare in case of gel up in the winter but, 38000 is what they run without a change. What are y’all doing wrong to have to change filters so much? I am only allowed to get crappy pilot fuel.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
A friend of mine who is another company driver changes his every 10k. I don’t get it. If it’s not to the top of the filter and your performance hasn’t changed, why change it?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
A friend of mine who is another company driver changes his every 10k. I don’t get it. If it’s not to the top of the filter and your performance hasn’t changed, why change it?
I usually change mine every 20,000 kilometres. Right now I’m flushing out crap from the tanks

That Baldwin barely showed any fuel in the fuel bowl. Changed back to Donaldson and the fuel was at the top of the bowl within 300 miles.

What micron Davco filter do you run?

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Because repairs are on their dime for most of the guys here?

I dunno about company dudes. I let that up to the company.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
If your fuel bowl isn’t full to the top of the paper then it’s not needing a change. A filter isn’t 100% efficient until it’s 30% clogged. So I just don’t get it. No codes, no performance issues, not to the top of the paper, no change. You’re throwing money out the window.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
If your fuel bowl isn’t full to the top of the paper then it’s not needing a change. A filter isn’t 100% efficient until it’s 30% clogged. So I just don’t get it. No codes, no performance issues, not to the top of the paper, no change. You’re throwing money out the window.
I avoided Baldwin and anything larger than 25 micron.

Otherwise, I waited until it got to the top one inch of the filter.

Latest posts