What do you do chip? What do you do?

What do you do chip? What do you do?

• They can’t remote access that. Stop being a tin foil hat guy and get over it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave the tape you never know!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Why are you even talking about this?

• Are you just trolling here?

• Total voters

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
So they installed my new ELD, I noticed there’s a camera in it. Dunno if they can remote access it or not. And it’s not a question I’m going to ask.825505A0-2012-4805-B6BC-FC9A6E3781B8.jpeg

So as I have always said I won’t have someone watching me.

894FE09D-FEB5-48E6-BE7D-E8881A748590.jpeg

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
You know the damn thing has a microphone in it too, spying on your phone conversations.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
You know the damn thing has a microphone in it too, spying on your phone conversations.
Don’t care. I figure the little microphone on the windshield that’s “for the radio Bluetooth phone” has been used for that. They have been listening to me yell at my wife Steve since I started. And talking to myself at random times.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I mean it is an android tablet and all android tablets have a camera so I’m not pissed that it’s there. It’s standard equipment on a tablet. Find a modern up to date tablet that doesn’t have a camera in it. You can’t. So I put the tape cuz I dunno what control they have on it. When they put the actual driver cam that’s on the pedestal that sticks down from the ceiling. I’ll be done.

Ranger_375

More than likely the ELD package they are using doesn't access it, however the possibility is there. The Zonar's Knight was using while I was there had a rear camera you used to send pictures of pre-mid-posttrip defects. If the mic ties into the truck's stereo for bluetooth phone calls, it's going to be a standalone system for the truck itself and they'd need to run another for in-cab audio. Knight found that in-cab audio didn't provide any utility with regards to carrier protections against claims and disabled the system, but many of the dedicated remote-access/cloud based systems major carriers have do have backend live monitoring that they can use, which may/may not have indicators on the equipment within driver view that it's being accessed remotely.

Depending on the equipment, I could talk you through the control panel stuff (if you can access it) and be able to see if it actually has camera permissions. It may have/require them if you use it for logging trip checks for maintenance, but Android doesn't independently enumerate camera access between front and rear, just camera access period.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
More than likely the ELD package they are using doesn't access it, however the possibility is there. The Zonar's Knight was using while I was there had a rear camera you used to send pictures of pre-mid-posttrip defects. If the mic ties into the truck's stereo for bluetooth phone calls, it's going to be a standalone system for the truck itself and they'd need to run another for in-cab audio. Knight found that in-cab audio didn't provide any utility with regards to carrier protections against claims and disabled the system, but many of the dedicated remote-access/cloud based systems major carriers have do have backend live monitoring that they can use, which may/may not have indicators on the equipment within driver view that it's being accessed remotely.

Depending on the equipment, I could talk you through the control panel stuff (if you can access it) and be able to see if it actually has camera permissions. It may have/require them if you use it for logging trip checks for maintenance, but Android doesn't independently enumerate camera access between front and rear, just camera access period.
I am not allowed to access set up at all. I can’t even go back to the home screen to chose a different app without a reboot. It’s lame

Hillbilly Canuck

r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I think we all know how this one plays out. I was told in May that it was happening to us in June if you recall. June and July have came and went and nothing yet. I'm not sure if they've smartened up a bit or they're dragging feet as they do with most things. Either way I'm still prepared to do what has to be done at a moment's notice. It's a sad state of affairs but it seems the only way some of these people will get the message.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
r3gulator3 r3gulator3 I think we all know how this one plays out. I was told in May that it was happening to us in June if you recall. June and July have came and went and nothing yet. I'm not sure if they've smartened up a bit or they're dragging feet as they do with most things. Either way I'm still prepared to do what has to be done at a moment's notice. It's a sad state of affairs but it seems the only way some of these people will get the message.
Yeah, I got a line on a truck for cheap, I’m gun shy because it’s a prostar.

Hillbilly Canuck

Yeah, I got a line on a truck for cheap, I’m gun shy because it’s a prostar.
I'm not sure what all engines they put in those. Just Maxforce and Cummins no.... but wasn't it just the Maxforce that were notorious as junk? Or is it you just don't like them because......well.....Prostar?

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
I'm not sure what all engines they put in those. Just Maxforce and Cummins no.... but wasn't it just the Maxforce that were notorious as junk? Or is it you just don't like them because......well.....Prostar?
This one has a Maxxjunk in it. It’s a 2010 guy only wants 10k for it.