What changes have you witnessed so far due to the ELD mandate?

Gotcha. I was thrilled around Christmas to get an inverter hooked up. Shampoo the carpet and vacuum everywhere. It's due again
Good old Santa picked me up a 12V dust buster a couple Christmases ago. It wasn't one of the ones they sell in truck stops so I can't vouch for those being good or bad, but I use mine liberally. This latest truck was all rubber floor less a couple rugs I put in the sleeper so easier to clean.

Good old Santa picked me up a 12V dust buster a couple Christmases ago. It wasn't one of the ones they sell in truck stops so I can't vouch for those being good or bad, but I use mine liberally. This latest truck was all rubber floor less a couple rugs I put in the sleeper so easier to clean.
Mine is rubber floor drivers area factory rug in the sleeper, like a bath mat you can pick up and move

Mud sucks. I had her washed at a streakin' beacon two days ago. Get ready for spring :rolleyes:

Ranger_375

I have a vacuum I keep on the truck, as well as a broom and dustpan, as well as an air chuck in the cab. Chuck works OK, but the brainchild that put it on (previous owner) put it off the passenger seat air, so it's in the middle of the truck. Good for blowing out floorboards, bad for using high pressure air to knock crud off the shoes prior to entry.

Carpet in the sleeper gets swept, then vacuumed. Cab gets swept, then I dust off the broom on the catwalk steps and I simple green the floor, scrub it with the broom, then wipe it up with a paper towel. I do this about every week I'm in the truck, and the wife is kind enough to do it every time I come home as well as other housekeeping duties with restock/refit for rolling out again.

dchawk81

Nitrile not vinyl. The day they became the standard on ambulances as an alternative to latex was a happy day. I hate vinyl gloves and the way they "fit".
Thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember that word.

dchawk81

In a company ride I spent 3-4 hours cleaning the floors and making it nice. Had a bath mat down exactly like you say, either the owner or the shop guy shoved the towel aside and left muddy boot prints all over. I was ****ing mad.

Maybe I will get my truck cleaned up again and try it your way.

That's exactly it the in and out of dropping trailers and hooking up or loading n unloading are the worst
Yeah and D&H is basically all I do all day so I don't worry about the floor itself.

dchawk81

You also don't have to live in your truck. Do you say **** that floor in your house? It's apples and oranges.
You could try reading my other posts. I highly recommend it. Usually a thread is a conversation, so a post is a follow-up to another one. If we repeated everything just because one person might jump in and take something out of context (like you just did)...oh my.

It's not like my posts were even that long ago...

vaportrail

nothing has changed here in the 2.5 years on em still running 140K+a year. Heck this whole month is 3500 miles/week. Run like my hair is on fire and on pace for 85-90 K gross. I have no complaints, other then I would like a truck that would run 73 to get by idiots that wont slow down so you creep by for 5 miles

You could try reading my other posts. I highly recommend it. Usually a thread is a conversation, so a post is a follow-up to another one. If we repeated everything just because one person might jump in and take something out of context (like you just did)...oh my.

It's not like my posts were even that long ago...
Yes and I had one before that more or less saying the same thing...that it would be different if one were driving a day cab of some description. I'm just saying it's a different scenario in your case than Skateboard puller Skateboard puller or myself or anyone else OTR

dchawk81

Yes and I had one before that more or less saying the same thing...that it would be different if one were driving a day cab of some description. I'm just saying it's a different scenario in your case than Skateboard puller Skateboard puller or myself or anyone else OTR
Lol we're saying the same thing.

It's not really that different of a scenario though. My house = the sleeper of your truck. When I did the regional thing I went socks only behind the seats because that was home and didn't give two craps about the floor where my work boots trod. But the driver controls remained relatively clean with Lysol wipes because I wore gloves for work outside the truck.

The mechanics i work with would fall over laughing their asses off at you.
When I first joined the Lindenhurst Health and Fitness Center I couldnt find no "Lifting" Gloves so I bought some DRIVIN GLOVES at the Pee-Lot...

Same exact thing too

Well this is the first time I've had to actually SIT to take a reset. You USED to be able to scribble in a reset and keep on earning. Heading over now to deliver instead of this morning like should've happened

Good thing it's in the name of SAFETY. You can't have a LIFE with these gosh darn computers tracking your every minute

I miss the "old days" :mad: Bah humbug

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Well this is the first time I've had to actually SIT to take a reset. You USED to be able to scribble in a reset and keep on earning. Heading over now to deliver instead of this morning like should've happened

Good thing it's in the name of SAFETY. You can't have a LIFE with these gosh darn computers tracking your every minute

I miss the "old days" :mad: Bah humbug
That is some pretty creative writing if you can show yourself sitting for 36 hours and still be able to roll.