What’s your daily driver and project vehicles?

GAnthony

Supporter
I have a 1992 F-150 Ford Pickup,and a 2006 Honda CRV.I usually split time in each one.
My wife drives a 2008 Lincoln MKX.I rarely drive it because my wife fusses if I smoke in it.
good thing i don't drive it as well, she'd put up a stink about my cigars.

THBatMan8

Working on getting 2 new cars. A 2008 Malibu LT for my better half and a 1994 F150 for me.

THBatMan8

When i say 'working on getting', im taking a partial loan on my 401k to pay for the down payment on the Malibu and pay for the F150.

The F150 has only had 2 owners and its been garage kept, so minus a dent on the drivers side, its in mint condition.

The Malibu has been driven harder, but its certified pre-owned. On-star will come in handy since my wife has a habit of locking the keys in the car.

When i get the cars, ill post pictures.

Oh, and derekcook13, lets see if you can hang with me. :p:crash:

20180309_112100.jpg

dchawk81

When i say 'working on getting', im taking a partial loan on my 401k to pay for the down payment on the Malibu and pay for the F150.

The F150 has only had 2 owners and its been garage kept, so minus a dent on the drivers side, its in mint condition.

The Malibu has been driven harder, but its certified pre-owned. On-star will come in handy since my wife has a habit of locking the keys in the car.

When i get the cars, ill post pictures.

Oh, and derekcook13, lets see if you can hang with me. :p:crash:

View attachment 43967
I can hang.

Off your mirror. Providing you stay parked.

THBatMan8

Heres a picture of the F150. Wifey just made the downpayment on it today, but cannot drive it since its a manual. Hahahaha!

Only rust spot on it is above the passenger side rear wheel. Other than that, this truck is in great shape for a '94. I cant wait to get home this weekend and drive it. 😁

26814720_1697723266957091_7868562863329733557_n.jpg

dchawk81

Heres a picture of the F150. Wifey just made the downpayment on it today, but cannot drive it since its a manual. Hahahaha!

Only rust spot on it is above the passenger side rear wheel. Other than that, this truck is in great shape for a '94. I cant wait to get home this weekend and drive it. 😁

View attachment 43996
Oh man it's red. You are soooo gonna be a police target. 😎

dchawk81

Maybe you said and I didn't pay attention but is it the 4.9L? That's a durable unkillable motor if so.

dchawk81

Oh yeah I guess the word for that is indestructible. Derrr. 🤤

THBatMan8

More picks of the F150

Screenshot_20180321-152149.png

Screenshot_20180321-152205.png

Camper shell came with the truck. Spotted this truck at a local, small buy here pay here dealer. Garage kept and never worked that hard.

I made out like a bandit.

dchawk81

Nice. What are your plans for it? Anything in particular?

joseph1135

Supporter
After further inspection and running numbers, my pick up does not have a 350, but a 327 out of a Vette.

dchawk81

I was driving the Navigator with its AWD and cocoon like comfort to get bread in the snowstorm yesterday and it made me think..."I'm gonna need another one of these when this croaks."

My truck is great but it doesn't have AWD. So when the roads are clear sorta but not really, I have to be in 2WD and stop for 4WD. The AWD system in the Navigator you just turn on and keep going.

And boy oh boy am I spoiled by that heavy luxury vehicle ride. Our rutted and expansion joined roads are butter.

So I'm probably gonna end up with an '08 or thereabouts in a few years. It'll be like my '98 now...old enough to not worry about and afford paying cash. But it'll still be new enough to be a worthwhile replacement. The '98 is has plastic and electric motors failing. 20 years is a pretty good run even if I only got 5 of those myself. Even if I got rid of it today, it has cost me $80/mo to own which ain't bad. That's purchase + repairs. That number will drop the longer I have it.

THBatMan8

I was driving the Navigator with its AWD and cocoon like comfort to get bread in the snowstorm yesterday and it made me think..."I'm gonna need another one of these when this croaks."

My truck is great but it doesn't have AWD. So when the roads are clear sorta but not really, I have to be in 2WD and stop for 4WD. The AWD system in the Navigator you just turn on and keep going.

And boy oh boy am I spoiled by that heavy luxury vehicle ride. Our rutted and expansion joined roads are butter.

So I'm probably gonna end up with an '08 or thereabouts in a few years. It'll be like my '98 now...old enough to not worry about and afford paying cash. But it'll still be new enough to be a worthwhile replacement. The '98 is has plastic and electric motors failing. 20 years is a pretty good run even if I only got 5 of those myself. Even if I got rid of it today, it has cost me $80/mo to own which ain't bad. That's purchase + repairs. That number will drop the longer I have it.
Just an FYI, but AWD does not lock the differential between the front and rear axles like 4WD does.

dchawk81

Just an FYI, but AWD does not lock the differential between the front and rear axles like 4WD does.
Yeah I know but it does keep you from having to turn it on and off when the road conditions are mixed. It'll spin all four when needed and release them so you can turn without breaking stuff.

It's hella nice. But I hadn't used it in a while and forgot how clunky the 1998 version of it is. 😂

A 2008+ would probably be more seamless. You can get 'em in good shape and relatively low miles for ~12k and less. Might try to time it when gas prices spike so it's even cheaper. I still ran mine when we were $4/gallon. Didn't bother me that much since I didn't/don't go far.

THBatMan8

Test drove the Malibu and it had too many problems, so i ended up buying another Kia Sportage instead. This one is an '08 with the 6 cylinder engine and 4WD. Since i bought it from a Kia dealer, it has a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible. Blown engine? No problem, buy a new engine for 100 bucks.

Recently i really started to like Kia's. Theyve come a long way.

20180324_141636.jpg