What’s your daily driver and project vehicles?

joseph1135

Supporter
I am forced to drive a Cascadia at work, but my daily is a 2018 Tiguan SEL. Great crossover and ultra comfortable. My projects are a 1984 Pontiac Grand Prix and a 1970 Chevy C/10 (my dream truck!) The Pontiac is half way there, while the C/10 is still sitting waiting for me to start. What’s yours?
68088E18-446C-42EB-A06B-02B423A33640.jpeg
EEA637E1-C44C-44CB-9E6D-E74C0C7AA2F1.jpeg
B25555AF-3D1A-45BD-89D8-4992A7B4813B.jpeg

Duck

Quack
Supporter
What's under the hood of the C-10?

I had one same year, for two days. I bought it for $200, put a battery & fuel pump in it and was out test driving it & was offered $2000 for it even though it had been T-boned and needed a "new' bed.

It was 3 on the tree with a 250 "stump puller" engine.

Mike

Staff member
DA7F554C-B024-4A88-9475-D228DC861B10.jpeg

That’s the one at home that the daughter is now driving every day until she gets her own ride this summer.

dchawk81

View attachment 43535

That’s the one at home that the daughter is now driving every day until she gets her own ride this summer.
Lies.

Don't believe Mike. There's actually a Prius in that driveway.

My truck is similar except I didn't get the Light Pole antenna option.

IMG_20170701_200611.jpg

My daily is actually an old Navigator because I work in a sh*t pit and slipseat. Ain't driving a new vehicle there unless I need to.

Weekend ride is a 2017 Fusion.

Projects include a 2001 S-10 and a 1998 Grand Am. The latter eventually being a backup beater for work.

IMG_20171022_114512.jpg

IMG_20170811_143508.jpg

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Please tell me it's only because the truck won't fit.
True, the truck won't fit, but the Prius would be in the garage regardless. Garage is wide enough for both, but not deep enough for the truck.

dchawk81

True, the truck won't fit, but the Prius would be in the garage regardless. Garage is wide enough for both, but not deep enough for the truck.
That's my problem. I could get the Fusion and truck in if the garage was deeper but alas I need a little more depth. But not much...just enough to be irritating.

I was gonna do a Duck Duck addition for the bed of the truck but it ultimately needs torn down and replaced.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
The one I've been driving the most lately.
IMG_20171229_190509319.jpg

What I drive when I have to run to town. And renting a toy to play one weekend. Folks were having me dog sit and wanted me to clean out some brush from the wind breaks.

The old 5.4. Doesn't really even work doing stuff like this.

IMG_20170920_090803792_HDR.jpg

dchawk81

View attachment 43539

What I drive when I have to run to town. And renting a toy to play one weekend. Folks were having me dog sit and wanted me to clean out some brush from the wind breaks.

View attachment 43542
That "folks were having me dog sit" ended differently than I was expecting.

I'm sick.

joseph1135

Supporter
What's under the hood of the C-10?

I had one same year, for two days. I bought it for $200, put a battery & fuel pump in it and was out test driving it & was offered $2000 for it even though it had been T-boned and needed a "new' bed.

It was 3 on the tree with a 250 "stump puller" engine.
C/10 has the original 350, used to have a 3 on the tree, now has a 4 speed, you know. For fun.

dchawk81

View attachment 43539

The old 5.4. Doesn't really even work doing stuff like this.

View attachment 43542
Looks like you could use some air shocks. I got a pair to put on my navigator this weekend.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Looks like you could use some air shocks. I got a pair to put on my navigator this weekend.
If air shocks from an 88 F-150 will fit his, he can have 'em. My F-150 is such a turd that doing any kind of heavy-haul upgrade is like putting racing stripes on an Amish buggy.

dchawk81

If air shocks from an 88 F-150 will fit his, he can have 'em. My F-150 is such a turd that doing any kind of heavy-haul upgrade is like putting racing stripes on an Amish buggy.
I'm hoping mine fit. I had to do some cross referencing since nobody seems to say "yep this part number is for your Navigator."

I guess everyone always replaces the air bags, or no one bothers adding air shocks when they do the conversion.

GAnthony

Supporter
Lies.

Don't believe Mike. There's actually a Prius in that driveway.

My truck is similar except I didn't get the Light Pole antenna option.

you can always get a second mortgage, for that pole antenna.....

Latest posts