West Buechel, KY: Unloading License?

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Local businesses have to pay the city $125/yr if they unload merchandise from trucks?
Blood Blood is this real? Is it something OOIDA miggt be interested to hear about?

20180625_204255.jpg

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
It's from a TTR thread. Purportedly something local businesses have to comply with. It's easy enough to check out... there's a link on the city website to download a package of city forms. Ought to be in there if someone is curious enough to do it.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Interstate commerce is the feds' playground.

This might actually, for once, be a situation in which you really can call the US marshalls.

:thumbsup:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

This might actually, for once, be a situation in which you really can call the US marshalls.

Try calling them... 502.459.4400 - register your displeasure at having never even have driven through the burg, but are outraged at the minute possibility you actually might take a load to their hick burg, and unload there.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
It's from a TTR thread. Purportedly something local businesses have to comply with. It's easy enough to check out... there's a link on the city website to download a package of city forms. Ought to be in there if someone is curious enough to do it.
I took a screenshot from a Twisted Truckers post.

dave350

Two local politicians were eating at the town diner discussing ways to generate more revenue so they could line their pockets. A delivery truck pulls up and starts unloading. One says to the other “Hey I got an idea!”.................

Duck

Quack
Supporter
"We don't have no "unloading license". Suppose we go in there and unload anyway? What are you going to do about it?"

dchawk81

"We don't have no "unloading license". Suppose we go in there and unload anyway? What are you going to do about it?"

I can see the headline now:

"TRUCKER ARRESTED FOR SITTING AT DOCK"

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

Ah man, I have lived my whole life for a chance to call the U.S. Marshals. If I ever got that chance I would tell everyone that would listen and even if they were not listening I would talk loud enough so they had to kinda listen!:thumbsup: Earn myself a seat at the truck stop counter were all the cool guys sit:cool:

Ah man, I have lived my whole life for a chance to call the U.S. Marshals. If I ever got that chance I would tell everyone that would listen and even if they were not listening I would talk loud enough so they had to kinda listen!:thumbsup: Earn myself a seat at the truck stop counter were all the cool guys sit:cool:
I’m so cool I don’t sit at the truck stop lunch counter with the other cool guys

Who wants to park yer cheeks on a lumpy little stool when a perfectly good booth is right there :confused-96:

Ranger_375

I would be willing to bet this isn't for facilities that have loading docks on their own property, but for companies such as Coke, etc that will park in the roadway/roadside/center lane and unload to deliver. Still classic "everything is delivered by truck but yet F the truckers" attitude.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
simple solution is to simply add a surcharge for the price of the license and your time spent getting it

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Any local business that gets its merchandise delivered by truck is required to have this permit, regardless of whether they have a dock or not. I think it's supposed to help pay for road maintenance. My opinion, some local politicians are feathering their nests with it.

I took a screenshot from a Twisted Truckers post.
Any local business that gets its merchandise delivered by truck is required to have this permit, regardless of whether they have a dock or not. I think it's supposed to help pay for road maintenance. My opinion, some local politicians are feathering their nests with it.
Two local politicians were eating at the town diner discussing ways to generate more revenue so they could line their pockets. A delivery truck pulls up and starts unloading. One says to the other “Hey I got an idea!”.................

Just one, very bad, politician who has run the city almost into bankruptcy and is looking to generate any funds possible. Semi's don't even fit on the city streets.