Well, I might go back to OTR

johnday

After some major rearranging of my life, I may be going back OTR. Thing is, I want to do the same with Roehl as I did with SNI, out for 2 weeks, and in for one. Now, I could always go back to SNI, I didn't think they were bad for a big company, in fact, I actually liked them. Has anyone here driven for both? How do they treat experienced drivers? Do they like to lie to the driver like another red truck company? How are the trucks? What are they governed to? Inverters? Are the roll top trucks considered as being flatbed? It seems I see many Roehl trucks coming across the Mackinaw bridge daily, could those be regional?
Ya, I know, a lot of ?'s, but I've been away from the big companies for a while now, and really am a bit concerned if I could handle the micromanaging again

Cerberus

In God We Trust
if you were at schneider before and liked and left on good terms and can go back, that seems to be the best option. and probably more a more reasonable option as they would be more accepting for you to come back. Now dont know how long you been out but after a certain time out it would be like being a noob going back in. retraining and all. I did over 15 yrs in it and out now yr and a half and i'd have to do a refresher if i decided to do it again most likely unless i got on with a smaller company that doesnt care about that stuff.

johnday

Thanks for the quick comeback. Schneider is definitely an option for me, I'm just bit curious of Roehl. When I was with SNI, Roehl seemed to parallel us a lot. LOL, they may want to retrain me, I've been doing 10 & 11 axle for almost a year now. I'd have to get used to the lightweights again. LOL

johnday

Ya, they likely would be my best bet.I left on good terms as well. It will about kill me to give up my present job, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to go back downstate, not much demand down there for what I'm doing now. They don't have many woods or sawmills down there, but most of the big companies hire out of there, and it is a prime area for cross border hauling.
Just WAAYYY too many people and traffic down there! LOL

Cerberus

In God We Trust
And really nobody but nobody knows whats better for you than you. So really all you'll get from a bunch of strangers is our opinions and what we'd do in the situation with what info we have. Moving sucks but change is good if its for the better.

Mike

Staff member
So, what kind of pay rates are available at Roehl? Seen you posting this, it got me interested to see what they were offering. Like many companies are doing lately, pay rates can't seem to be found on their website.

johnday

They looked about average, ie. on the low side. From what I could find, they appear to offer .375/mile. They may be practical miles, but quite a bit less than what I get now, still, about the same as the rest of the bigger guys.
SNI may turn out to be the better fit since I know how they are, but would still like to hear from some Roehl guys.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
...Like many companies are doing lately, pay rates can't seem to be found on their website.
Just like if I'm looking through an Auto Trader, if I don't see a price or if it says "call", I pass it up.

Springer62

i would go sni i am probably switching to them because they have a hub 15 minutes from my house and offer a hometime fleet as well roehl doesn't pay and you never get home on time i haven't yet. sni s offering me a job out by my house so i will probably go to them roehl just has good marketing is all.