Ketogenic Diet Welcome to the truckers ketogenic lifestyle forum

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
while I have been doing some reading on the subject I was under the impression cheese was relative to the diet

GAnthony

Supporter
while I have been doing some reading on the subject I was under the impression cheese was relative to the diet
that's what i read as well.

• Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
  • Eggs: Look for pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.

i didn't know that eggs should have been of a certain type. i just buy the cheapest i can at walmart, or aldi...

in my opinion, i must have been on this keto diet, without even knowing it, just some of the fruits like the avocado i do not eat, nor the nuts, due to my brittle teeth..

but to my reading, this is just ordinary foods, that many of us eat now....i cannot see why it's called any special diet plan.

it's always been said, eat smaller portions, and any food can be a diet food, in all reality.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
When the topic of cheese starts turning into what state has the best cheese is no longer discussing the ketogenic diet.

Mike

Staff member
in my opinion, i must have been on this keto diet, without even knowing it, just some of the fruits like the avocado i do not eat, nor the nuts, due to my brittle teeth..
If your diet is high in healthy fats, in the 40 to 60 g of protein range, and low-carb around 40 carbs or so, every day, then you would be on a ketogenic diet.

GAnthony

Supporter
If your diet is high in healthy fats, in the 40 to 60 g of protein range, and low-carb around 40 carbs or so, every day, then you would be on a ketogenic diet.
well that's what i am thinking, i eat wheat bread, eggs, fruits, not much if any cheeses, vegetables, but i am not really losing any weight, that i can say that makes this a special diet plan.

i dunno, seems like every few months, someone comes up with a diet plan, (which in reality, is just a name change) and the whole country jumps at it...

Mike

Staff member
well that's what i am thinking, i eat wheat bread, eggs, fruits, not much if any cheeses, vegetables, but i am not really losing any weight, that i can say that makes this a special diet plan.

i dunno, seems like every few months, someone comes up with a diet plan, (which in reality, is just a name change) and the whole country jumps at it...
First, keto is not a new diet it’s been around for decades. As for eating keto, I can tell by your short list of foods that you were nowhere close.

For instance, one banana has approximately 25 carbs that would be half of your total for the day. Many apples, have so much sugar that they will put you at your limit with just one apple.

GAnthony

Supporter
First, keto is not a new diet it’s been around for decades. As for eating keto, I can tell by your short list of foods that you were nowhere close.

keto may have been around for decades, but i have only heard of it recently, like bell bottom pants, it comes around again.

For instance, one banana has approximately 25 carbs that would be half of your total for the day. Many apples, have so much sugar that they will put you at your limit with just one apple.
i have only recently heard of keto diets, so if it has been around for decades, then it's like bell bottom pants, making another go around, till people tire of it..

i just did not include an entire listing. i'd be here for 6 days and 7 nights listing everything.

as a general rule, i do not eat apples. bananas i buy the smaller sized ones. i try not to eat corn, as it is high in starches?

InTooDeep

So apples and bananas are out what about blackberries and raspberries and cranberries are they in because I believe they are lower in sugars? what about blueberries?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
So apples and bananas are out what about blackberries and raspberries and cranberries are they in because I believe they are lower in sugars? what about blueberries?
In moderation, no sugar - just the berries!

Blackberries - 1 cup, 7.4g carbs.
Raspberries - 1 cup, 5.9g carbs.
Cranberries - 1 cup, 8.3g carbs.
Blueberries - 1 cup, 16.6g carbs. (Double Drat!!)
Strawberry halves - 1 cup, 7.2g carbs.

For comparison, a whole red delicious apple is 17g, and a whole navel orange is 11g, for moderately sized pieces of fruit. Whole fruit (not juice) is something good to add to your diet to maintain weight, and the fiber in whole fruit slows down your body's absorption of the fructose (fruit sugar) in tbem. Brightly colored fruit also is rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants - good for avoiding cancer.

Fruit juice is basically liquid sugar.

If you want something to sweeten your fruit, try powdered stevia; its in Wal-Mart under the "Truvia" brand name. Zero carbs! It does have a bit of a bitter taste, but get past that and it's all good. It's something you can use in cooking in place of sugar, and foods definitely hides any bitterness.

Last edited:
I’ve done absolutely no research into this

How do you know which foods are high fat low carb?

Does sodium level matter?

Mike

Staff member
I’ve done absolutely no research into this

How do you know which foods are high fat low carb?

Does sodium level matter?
First question, simply read the labels, or google the nutritional information.

yes, sodium level matters. Unlike what you are used to, though, the battle with sodium will be getting enough of it in your system, especially if you choose to do this diet via eating whole foods and avoiding processed foods whenever possible.

First question, simply read the labels, or google the nutritional information.

yes, sodium level matters. Unlike what you are used to, though, the battle with sodium will be getting enough of it in your system, especially if you choose to do this diet via eating whole foods and avoiding processed foods whenever possible.
DC3AA34E-916E-4FC0-933D-A8ADDCB7E112.jpeg

What does that tell you?

What about eggs or pickled eggs?

Looking for ideas on food for the truck

I’m not linking it you know my thread in the truckers health forum, looking into fridges tomorrow

I’m also not linking it but may try the bullet coffee soon

You start too many threads :harumph:

Mike

Staff member
View attachment 46034
What does that tell you?

What about eggs or pickled eggs?

Looking for ideas on food for the truck

I’m not linking it you know my thread in the truckers health forum, looking into fridges tomorrow

I’m also not linking it but may try the bullet coffee soon

You start too many threads :harumph:
Couldn't find the exact things, but I found this.
Calories in Pikok Csabi - Calories and Nutrition Facts | MyFitnessPal.com

Does that package not list the fat, carbs, and stuff anywhere? Anyhow, in what I looked up, there are more carbs in one serving than I eat in 3 days.

Eggs? google "egg nutrition" It will list the amount of fat, carbs, and protein, as well as nutrient information. You can do this for most foods

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
You see all those multisylable gobbledygook words on that label? That's the first sign its bad for you.

"Dextrose" is another name for a form of sugar. So no, its probably not something that's going to be part of a keto diet. Anything that ends in "ose" is a sugar.

It's a bad label - it doesn't say how much dextrose is in the product.

Couldn't find the exact things, but I found this.
Calories in Pikok Csabi - Calories and Nutrition Facts | MyFitnessPal.com

Does that package not list the fat, carbs, and stuff anywhere? Anyhow, in what I looked up, there are more carbs in one serving than I eat in 3 days.

Eggs? google "egg nutrition" It will list the amount of fat, carbs, and protein, as well as nutrient information. You can do this for most foods
5178BA7D-49A9-4FD2-BBA9-A739F4B88D91.jpeg

Seems to fit the guidelines. Big jar of pickled eggs coming right up, c’mon

Latest posts