Weather Report: Weather Maps - Automatically Updated Frequently

DubbleD

Color Commentator
No, but it is an oxymoron.

(go ahead....make the play on words, I konw you want to)
Nah.... when you do that you make me think of a kid I teased with "pull my finger"... after a while he'd meet me at the door with a hug and... "want me to pull your finger daddy?"

RACEFAN

Space Truckin
Supporter
Whatever happened to...Sticks n stones will break my bones.....but words can never hurt me?

It's no wonder society is wearing panties!

IMO...this all started when women demanded equality. (Now we gonna see some action...).
I ain't got any panties on.

( I can't believe I really just typed that. Ohhh the shame.):(

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I hate when they line up like that so nobody can get around them. They can stagger themselves a few hundred yards back & not interfere too much with traffic. Instead they block the road at 15 mph, causing all the stupid 4 wheelers to tailgate each other, change lanes jockeying for position, and driving like ass holes in general.

DubbleD

Color Commentator
I hate when they line up like that so nobody can get around them. They can stagger themselves a few hundred yards back & not interfere too much with traffic. Instead they block the road at 15 mph, causing all the stupid 4 wheelers to tailgate each other, change lanes jockeying for position, and driving like ass holes in general.
Any clue as to how many accidents spacing those trucks out would cause?

Most times they move at a pretty good pace for the conditions.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Any clue as to how many accidents spacing those trucks out would cause?
Depends on how far apart they are. If they're 1/4 mile or so, I don't see it causing any problems. Shorter gaps though, short enough the plow being passed can't stop when a dumbass 4 wheeler spins out while making the lane change to pass the next one, would cause accidents.

Most times they move at a pretty good pace for the conditions.
No, ... they move slower, .. because they have to scrape the pavement. And if they're plowing the shoulders, they have to rely on those little reflectors to tell them where the edge of the pavement is.

DubbleD

Color Commentator
Depends on how far apart they are. If they're 1/4 mile or so, I don't see it causing any problems. Shorter gaps though, short enough the plow being passed can't stop when a dumbass 4 wheeler spins out while making the lane change to pass the next one, would cause accidents.

No, ... they move slower, .. because they have to scrape the pavement. And if they're plowing the shoulders, they have to rely on those little reflectors to tell them where the edge of the pavement is.
When did you ever live in the Twin Cities?.. I've been dealing with those plows all my life, my best friend drives one for the state....

That "Gap" you'd like to see would leave a berm at the end of each plow and all the morons that gotta be first would create havoc trying to get ahead of the plow in front.

Then the next plow in line would just move them over closer to the shoulder and so on and so on....

Duck

Quack
Supporter
When did you ever live in the Twin Cities?.. I've been dealing with those plows all my life, my best friend drives one for the state....

That "Gap" you'd like to see would leave a berm at the end of each plow and all the morons that gotta be first would create havoc trying to get ahead of the plow in front.

Then the next plow in line would just move them over closer to the shoulder and so on and so on....
I've seen them do the same thing in the Chicago area, a rolling 15 mph roadblock and miles of traffic behind them. And I've been in the twin cities a million gazillion times over the last 9 years or so.

Have you ever noticed how (anywhere) you can be driving in snow/slush and with a heavy load, be able to go about 45-50 mph, then have to stop a few minutes because a wreck is blocking the road, ... then only after maybe 10-20 minutes when traffic is able to get around it & start moving again, now all of a sudden the snow/slush you were on has become a sheet of ice? It's because of the lack of vehicle tires keeping it warm when the road was blocked.

Vehicle tires produce heat & help keep the stuff from turning to ice. A wall of 15 mph plow trucks holds back that traffic long enough for anything that's about to become ice, to freeze. Then by the time they pass their blades over it, they remove the snow but not the ice. If they're spreading salt at the same time it helps but the cluster**** of traffic behind them for the first couple of miles is still going to be driving on ice til it starts to melt.

Not to mention that in conditions where traffic can be rolling 40-45 mph and people arriving at the rear end of the 15 mph cluster**** aren't paying attention, there will be accidents. And it's not like everybody in the cluster**** is going to be going the same 15 mph as the plows. There will be constant speed fluctuations, and other situations when a hoard of 4 wheelers in one lane see a big gap in front of a truck and think "oh, that lane's moving" and get over there & start speeding up only to have to hit the brakes when they get to the front of the gap that truck driver is trying to keep open as a space cushion for himself.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Dang, we lost these.
They can't be replaced either, even though the link to their original sources is still in several posts.

The reason they can't be replaced is because of your add-on that converts hot-linked images to attachments.

Those images used to automatically update themselves because they were hot-linked & their host site would automatically update them, using the same file name & URL. If you go to the first post that still has images on it, you can see at the bottom, the date/time. That will be the same date/time (within a few hours) you installed that add-on because they quit updating when they were converted to attachments.