Walmart with Truck Parking

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Meh. I think they put up no truck signs just to try and scare trucks away. I park beside them all the time. The Walmart in Shamokin Dam PA has easily a dozen no truck signs. I park there all the time.

The Walmart in Philly by the river had 24 hour security and had truck specific parking. Downtown and the museum were within walking distance

A lot of times if you ask the manager you can get permission to park there
There's a difference between the signage you can ignore, and the aggressive variety put up by a towing company that will cause you trouble. It's obvious, and you'll know it when you see it.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
So I use trucker path to scout out stops and try to find Walmart with truck parking so I can get some shopping done when I'm out for more than a week. More than once trucker path has showed me a Walmart that's supposed to have some truck spots. I show up. ( One example is Fayetteville Georgia) and there is no truck parking signs posted all over saying no unauthorized parking. Go in and talk to management and they say yeah you can shop just don't park overnight and come out to local police waiting on the wrecker to tow my rig. (Fortunately I got in the truck before the wrecker got there). So I thought it might be nice if y'all know of Walmarts without actual truck parking to post the location in the thread so others can see places and make stops.

One I know of I-49 exit 77 in Missouri. Has about 15 truck spots.
Too answer your question "Long" & "Short"...

Some Walmart are still COOL with Truckers usually in Small Towns and PARK off in the "periphery"..

Most "Urban" or even "Rebuilds" they got FANCY with "Landscaping" and Barier Blocks so ya cannot even get in No More..

Back in the Day when Walmart was ALL COOL they even used to let Motorhomes park there..

NOT "no-more"...

krelithous

Supporter
Too answer your question "Long" & "Short"...

Some Walmart are still COOL with Truckers usually in Small Towns and PARK off in the "periphery"..

Most "Urban" or even "Rebuilds" they got FANCY with "Landscaping" and Barier Blocks so ya cannot even get in No More..

Back in the Day when Walmart was ALL COOL they even used to let Motorhomes park there..

NOT "no-more"...
they park in the wal marts out here trucks and motor homes. the city don't allow it in my area but no one ever says anything

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
they park in the wal marts out here trucks and motor homes. the city don't allow it in my area but no one ever says anything
Really its afew bad apples spoiled the whole bunch...

Truckers throw trash and Pee Bottles....

Motorhomes dumped their tanks in the lot and drove off...

Same at shippers and recievers thats why most of em want you no more than 1/2 hour prior to appointment and when your all done its Get The Heck Off Our Property

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
A lot of Wal-Mart's that don't own the property they're on have gotten very aggressive over big trucks parking on their lots recently... I saw Mercer booted the other night. $450 to get it off I hear.
I've heard you can get those windshield boots off by sliding something flat and skinny like a hacksaw blade or a slim jim in there to break the seal.

Anything they attach to your vehicle becomes yours.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
I've heard you can get those windshield boots off by sliding something flat and skinny like a hacksaw blade or a slim jim in there to break the seal.

Anything they attach to your vehicle becomes yours.
I don’t want to get booted to test the theory.

Mike

Staff member
How long until some parking lot hall monitor ends up in the hospital or dead for putting one of these on somebody’s truck? Just a matter of time until the wrong person catches one of these folks in the act or drags him over by his ear and forces him to remove it.

Duck

Bumper sticker slogan goes here
Supporter
I don’t want to get booted to test the theory.
That's OK we'll get birchbarlow to do it. :D
How long until some parking lot hall monitor ends up in the hospital or dead for putting one of these on somebody’s truck? Just a matter of time until the wrong person catches one of these folks in the act or drags him over by his ear and forces him to remove it.
They're probably carrying.

Nomad1

That's OK we'll get birchbarlow to do it. :D
They're probably carrying.
I doubt it. Walmart doesn't want that type of liability. The get sued often enough and tend to stand on the side of the anti gun people.