Walmart with Truck Parking

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
So I use trucker path to scout out stops and try to find Walmart with truck parking so I can get some shopping done when I'm out for more than a week. More than once trucker path has showed me a Walmart that's supposed to have some truck spots. I show up. ( One example is Fayetteville Georgia) and there is no truck parking signs posted all over saying no unauthorized parking. Go in and talk to management and they say yeah you can shop just don't park overnight and come out to local police waiting on the wrecker to tow my rig. (Fortunately I got in the truck before the wrecker got there). So I thought it might be nice if y'all know of Walmarts without actual truck parking to post the location in the thread so others can see places and make stops.

One I know of I-49 exit 77 in Missouri. Has about 15 truck spots.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That is unfortunate, But truckers brought it on themselves.
I am like you, I will go in and talk to the greeter or manager explaining that I am here for 20 mins max to shop and leave. I have never had an issue.
I can only assume their are city ordinances or the Walmart has a deal with the wrecker company and needs the law there before they can tow it.

It sucks that you were lied to by the manager, I .. Nah, I would not even waste my time calling Walmarts Head office.
Plenty of other grocery store allow you to park and spend your money and leave A.S.A.P.
Meijer comes to mind but store names are regional.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
That is unfortunate, But truckers brought it on themselves.
I am like you, I will go in and talk to the greeter or manager explaining that I am here for 20 mins max to shop and leave. I have never had an issue.
I can only assume their are city ordinances or the Walmart has a deal with the wrecker company and needs the law there before they can tow it.

It sucks that you were lied to by the manager, I .. Nah, I would not even waste my time calling Walmarts Head office.
Plenty of other grocery store allow you to park and spend your money and leave A.S.A.P.
Meijer comes to mind but store names are regional.
Yeah, sometimes there is a Lowe's or home Depot that I'm unloading at where I can walk to some form of grocery store but if I could access a list of known places that would be awesome. Fayetteville Ga is listed on trucker path as having five spots...sorry to say that is false.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Yeah, sometimes there is a Lowe's or home Depot that I'm unloading at where I can walk to some form of grocery store but if I could access a list of known places that would be awesome. Fayetteville Ga is listed on trucker path as having five spots...sorry to say that is false.
I here ya. I had dispactch send a message on the (Dan) Qualcomm Telling me another driver says you can park at this Walmart.
I went further than I had planned and stopped at the Walmart Went in and asked the manager, He said NO!. No. overnight parking.
I was bucking up on my 14 to find a place to park.
Of course that screwed my 70.
Ya just can't trust drivers anymore.

Tazz

Infidel
Just an FYI. We do not always own those parking lots in front of stores. There are a few stores OF is not allowed at.

I had a market manager call abtow truck on me in New Boston,Oh so add that to your do not go list.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Just an FYI. We do not always own those parking lots in front of stores. There are a few stores OF is not allowed at.

I had a market manager call abtow truck on me in New Boston,Oh so add that to your do not go list.
Most of the Walmarts here sit on property owned by Smart centers, Land developers.

I had to plead with the could not make it as a cop security officer to park and go in to exchange my laptop.
I made a point to point out the hypocrisy of my truck being welcome to deliver, but not to spend money or rectify a transaction.

Mike

Staff member
There is one on 80 in Nebraska. Don't remember the city off the top of my head, but there is something like 60 truck parking spots at that one. Need to go look it up, unless somebody else knows it off hand.

Pine Bluff, AR. Interstate 530. About 10 truck parking spots there.

Fort Smith, AR, Interstate 540. About 10 truck parking spots there as well.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter

Yes a lot of Walmarts are on leased ground. I get it, they don't have a choice in the matter. I'm not complaining, I just want to not have to worry about my truck leaving on a hook because I need to grab a few items.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
There is one on 80 in Nebraska. Don't remember the city off the top of my head, but there is something like 60 truck parking spots at that one. Need to go look it up, unless somebody else knows it off hand.

Pine Bluff, AR. Interstate 530. About 10 truck parking spots there.

Fort Smith, AR, Interstate 540. About 10 truck parking spots there as well.
That one in Nebraska is near North Platte, I have been by it..I can't remember where it is exactly.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Post Falls, ID exit 1, not the one at exit 7. There's a big gravel lot on the west side of the store. Go in the truck entrance and on back to the concrete turnaround. Don't park on the turnaround like an asshat. The gravel lot is huge and plenty solid.

Bonney Lake, WA. Four or five marked truck spots behind the store. Don't idle. City ordinance.

Ranger_375

*IF* I have no other option, then I consider WM's.... after calling during normal business hours and actually talking to the general manager as to approval, location around the store they would prefer, etc. I also get their name after asking if I can refer to them and their decision if any other shift leads/etc have issues with me parking. I also try to minimize my overall footprint by not idling, watching a movie, etc.. basically just be the quiet dark truck that disappears as soon as legally possible.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I always try to make it look like I'm delivering a load. And not always to a Walmart. I generally use them as a last resort.

ready to roll

I ain't got no panties
I-80 in fernley, nv at the walmart ( near reno) has two areas where trucks can park. About 20 trucks. Easy in, easy out. Of course, there is also a fly J, loves, and pilot in fernley as well.

Last edited:

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
Springfield Illinois at the 55/72 junction.
Just across the street from golden corral.