Walmart Wins Green Fleet Award

Tazz

Infidel
Green Fleet of the Year: Walmart

Rosser, who has over 30 years of experience in trucking, makes it a practice to ride in a randomly chosen truck once every quarter. Recently, he was in a tractor pulling a full load up a steep grade outside Coleman, AL, and it didn’t sound to him like the engine was in the right gear. “I didn’t hear any stress on the engine, and when I questioned the driver, he pointed to his tach,” he recalls. “He knew that his peak utilization was at 1,200 rpm and that he shouldn’t run over that pulling a hill. When we stopped, he showed me his fuel economy log, which he’d kept for every day over the last six months. When our drivers get behind something, they get behind it in a big way.”

They could have at least spelled Cullman right:rolleyes:

Tazz

Infidel
I figured you folks would notice the SVP of Trans at Walmart actually rides with a real driver every quarter( he tries for more but at a minimum) just like every manager in the Logistics is required to do.

It does give them some perspective on what we face.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I figured you folks would notice the SVP of Trans at Walmart actually rides with a real driver every quarter( he tries for more but at a minimum) just like every manager in the Logistics is required to do.

It does give them some perspective on what we face.
U.s. Xpress dispatchers at Procter & Gamble did the same thing. Except they only went maybe 25 miles.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I would have figured the Agent Orange company would have won the green fleet award. Most of them are pretty green drivers:biglaugh:

Latest posts