Wally World Wanderings - and still the only 20 thread you need to read.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
I hear ya. I got family that are all out it in the country and the first thing some of them do is start popping off about how they would never want to live in the city.
Hey, nobody asked. You don't live in the city so don't ****ing worry about it. They wouldn't last a day in the city anyway.
Most of them ****ing hillbillies were born in the city!

Us city dwellers never make a point to ridicule them and how they have to drive a half hour when they run out of milk or their hillbilly ways.

yeah, I know you walk into the corner store and everyone is staring you down.
I'm small town (population 950). Not out in the sticks (emergency milk and bread is like a mile or two) but the real grocery stores are in the BIG CITY population 21,000 - six miles up the interstate. 😂

Electric Chicken

Supporter
Okay here is a good one!
I travel out to the country because I am going to start driving team with my uncle.

He wanted me to meet him at this bar in some small town. I arrive at the bar and park my car. I have not been in town 2 minutes yet and some hicks say, Hey Guido give us some smokes.
Okay here ya go, Igive them some smokes and I think they are making a mistake but okay whatever.
First of all I am not a Guido. No Guido in my blood.

I walk into the bar and sit down with my Uncle and have a beer and ask who are these ****s outside calling me Guido? and I describe the Eminem looking mother ****er.
So we go out trucking for a week and on the weekend we are at the same bar.
My Uncle turns to the Eminem looking mother ****er and asks him, Have you met my nephew? I think you have!
And then the apologies start flying.
So who was the Eminem looking mother****er?

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
I'm small town (population 950). Not out in the sticks (emergency milk and bread is like a mile or two) but the real grocery stores are in the BIG CITY population 21,000 - six miles up the interstate. 😂
21,000 in one town. That's huge. There's a little over 40,000 in my whole county and probably 10,000 of them are part time residents that just have vacation homes on the lakes or in the hills there.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
21,000 in one town. That's huge. There's a little over 40,000 in my whole county and probably 10,000 of them are part time residents that just have vacation homes on the lakes or in the hills there.
I hate that town. It's a mess getting groceries. I can really only do it on Fridays and Saturdays just like everyone else. Aldi is right next to a Starbucks with a drive through which is in a major shopping district. It's a nightmare.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
I hate that town. It's a mess getting groceries. I can really only do it on Fridays and Saturdays just like everyone else. Aldi is right next to a Starbucks with a drive through which is in a major shopping district. It's a nightmare.
Bread and milk are a mile away for us but groceries are in the big city of about 10,000. That's a 10 min drive for us. They're never crowded. We can go get groceries and be home sitting in the recliner in an hour. Now if we want to go to Sam's or Costco that's either Murfreesboro TN or Huntsville Al. Either one is about an hour drive and traffic sucks.

Duck

Nose-Man
Supporter
I hear ya. I got family that are all out it in the country and the first thing some of them do is start popping off about how they would never want to live in the city.
Hey, nobody asked. You don't live in the city so don't ****ing worry about it. They wouldn't last a day in the city anyway.
Most of them ****ing hillbillies were born in the city!

Us city dwellers never make a point to ridicule them and how they have to drive a half hour when they run out of milk or their hillbilly ways.

yeah, I know you walk into the corner store and everyone is staring you down.
I can be at a full service grocery store in 5 minutes if I don't let the car warm up.

Walmart is 15 minutes, 7 actual miles, Menards probably 20 minutes, 8 miles (unless I go the back way)

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I can be at a full service grocery store in 5 minutes if I don't let the car warm up.

Walmart is 15 minutes, 7 actual miles, Menards probably 20 minutes, 8 miles (unless I go the back way)
Okay but I was not talking about you. I was talking about these hicks that feel they are superior that I am related to. For them it is a long drive to the nearest open store.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Okay but I was not talking about you. I was talking about these hicks that feel they are superior that I am related to. For them it is a long drive to the nearest open store.
Your uncle killed you and went to jail for manslaughter?

That’s crazy.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Everyone was confused by your story. I didn’t want to be left out.
Yeah, sure. I should have left it to your literacy skills. You could have been my ghost writer.
If you didn't follow the story, Well I can't help you! Not everyone is a Pulitzer prize award winner like you!

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, sure. I should have left it to your literacy skills. You could have been my ghost writer.
If you didn't follow the story, Well I can't help you! Not everyone is a Pulitzer prize award winner like you!
Whose Pulitzer?