Video appears to show Tesla driver asleep at the wheel on I-5 in Santa Clarita | ABC7

krelithous

Supporter

another ahole

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
i really do not appreciate that car or company..

taking the responsibility out of the drivers hands. for that matter, revoke the licenses of tesla owners, since they are basically only passengers.
So with nothing to do, because the robotical 80,000 lb truck is doing all the driving, what do y'all suppose will be going on with the guy supervising the robot?

:sleep:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
i wish tesla would go out

Why?

The company is moving the industry forward by trying ideas nobody has the balls to or (like the Chevy Volt) is succeeding where others have failed.

If he’s successful in the long term it will force the big 3 and every other auto maker to build better, more innovative cars.

Do you have any actual clue why you hate this company?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Why?

If he’s successful in the long term it will force the big 3 and every other auto maker to build better, more innovative cars.
It’s gonna be a sad, cold, dark, miserable day when all that you can drive is some POS electric car or truck.

What are they gonna call the fun pedal then?

“Mash that gas and have a blast”

Doesn’t have the same ring if you say “mash the electronics and look like a goober while driving your Prius/Tesla/crappy electric car”

How ya gonna roll coal from the stacks if it’s an electric truck? No more throwing on the jakes, either. No more turbo whistle. :(

No thank you. I hope the hippies never build an electric car. I hope in my lifetime they don’t get built anyway. Hopefully Tesla and others go bankrupt before they can destroy mankind as we know it

The Jetsons can stay a dream :harumph:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
It’s gonna be a sad, cold, dark, miserable day when all that you can drive is some POS electric car or truck.

What are they gonna call the fun pedal then?

“Mash that gas and have a blast”

Doesn’t have the same ring if you say “mash the electronics and look like a goober while driving your Prius/Tesla/crappy electric car”

How ya gonna roll coal from the stacks if it’s an electric truck? No more throwing on the jakes, either. No more turbo whistle. :(

No thank you. I hope the hippies never build an electric car. I hope in my lifetime they don’t get built anyway. Hopefully Tesla and others go bankrupt before they can destroy mankind as we know it

The Jetsons can stay a dream :harumph:
An electric truck will out accelerate a diesel truck, and leave it sitting in the dust.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
So with nothing to do, because the robotical 80,000 lb truck is doing all the driving, what do y'all suppose will be going on with the guy supervising the robot?

:sleep:
then, i have to agree on fully videoed interiors of the robotic trucks, at least, not the sleeper berth....

if a nanny is just sitting there, and the truck is doing all the driving, the nanny will have to be fired, if he/she is caught on video sleeping, while that truck is in motion.

then too, the wages of a nanny will not have to be any higher than a discount store clerk....

Hillbilly Canuck

then, i have to agree on fully videoed interiors of the robotic trucks, at least, not the sleeper berth....

if a nanny is just sitting there, and the truck is doing all the driving, the nanny will have to be fired, if he/she is caught on video sleeping, while that truck is in motion.

then too, the wages of a nanny will not have to be any higher than a discount store clerk....
"Innovation"

Right?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
yea.........

innovation out of a job.

i have no worries on such loss of a job, too near retiring.

but it's the rest of the people that will be scrambling for re-training.

i hear there is a shortage of Border Patrol Police....
I still think it is going to be years before there will be mass replacement of drivers by robots. The part of the development cycle they're in is just beyond prototype development. They still need an engineer onboard to keep the thing from getting in trouble. Look at where they're working on these things: in the middle of nowhere. The robotical truck companies are nowhere close to turning them loose in a congested environment.

The big car companies were ready to introduce fleets of robotical cars this year. That has been cancelled, because: "It's a much more difficult problem than we'd thought it would be."

I don't think the robotical truck companies will have an easier time of it when the chaos of the real time environment we deal with daily is added to the mix. That guy who was posting here last year had the idea that all there is to driving is gripping the wheel, and keeping the truck in the middle of a lane on a dry interstate with no conflicting traffic, road hazards, bad weather, accidents, closed roads, idjit 4-wheelers, etc. A robotical car with a safety driver in that environment at the current state of development killed a jaywalker last year.

Its going to be a long time.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
I still think it is going to be years before there will be mass replacement of drivers by robots. The part of the development cycle they're in is just beyond prototype development. They still need an engineer onboard to keep the thing from getting in trouble. Look at where they're working on these things: in the middle of nowhere. The robotical truck companies are nowhere close to turning them loose in a congested environment.

The big car companies were ready to introduce fleets of robotical cars this year. That has been cancelled, because: "It's a much more difficult problem than we'd thought it would be."

I don't think the robotical truck companies will have an easier time of it when the chaos of the real time environment we deal with daily is added to the mix. That guy who was posting here last year had the idea that all there is to driving is gripping the wheel, and keeping the truck in the middle of a lane on a dry interstate with no conflicting traffic, road hazards, bad weather, accidents, closed roads, idjit 4-wheelers, etc. A robotical car with a safety driver in that environment at the current state of development killed a jaywalker last year.

Its going to be a long time.
i hope so.

but it won't matter much to me, nor you, when you retire.

it'll be the newbies coming into the business, 10 to 20 years from now.

i can only wish i could live that long and still be a member here, so i can hear all the bullshit about low pay from them, when all they have to do is be nannies......

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
i hope so.

but it won't matter much to me, nor you, when you retire.

it'll be the newbies coming into the business, 10 to 20 years from now.

i can only wish i could live that long and still be a member here, so i can hear all the bullshit about low pay from them, when all they have to do is be nannies......
If your job requires being in front of a camera, you should be paid the same as Hollywood actors.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
If your job requires being in front of a camera, you should be paid the same as Hollywood actors.
given what some of the movies coming out of hollywood the past 4- 5 decades......would that be waiter/waitress salaries..????...since so many of them are such when they ain't making epic bombs..???

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
An electric truck will out accelerate a diesel truck, and leave it sitting in the dust.

I just read an interview in Motor Trend with Elon Musk because I was reading about the new Mid engine Vette...

The Performance S Model our accelerates a McClaren F1 by 50% at 0-60.

The thing about an electric car is that it doesn’t need to achieve a certain RPM to reach its torque curve.

It’s there as soon as you floorboard the thing.

BF774266-3775-41F6-9F34-D25037E51843.jpeg

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I just read an interview in Motor Trend with Elon Musk because I was reading about the new Mid engine Vette...

The Performance S Model our accelerates a McClaren F1 by 50% at 0-60.

The thing about an electric car is that it doesn’t need to achieve a certain RPM to reach its torque curve.

It’s there as soon as you floorboard the thing.

View attachment 51579
You JUST read that?

How'd you lift that rock off yerself?

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
WTF are you talking about. They already build them and they're everywhere.

This is true.

I think Tesla is bigger than a lot of people realize. I see tons of them in the twin cities and Chicago.

Even a few parked and getting charged at the BP in Dows, IA once - and I tend to think road trips are their greatest downfall. Who wants to wait for a full charge when you can gas and go in ten minutes?

But I see what seems like more and more all the time.

At first it was the Model S, now I’m seeing more and more Model 3, and the SUV looking thing I can’t remember...