Vaping like a skinny jeans wearing, man bun sporting, beard having, murse carrying hipster tool.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I was warned about carrying loose batteries by the guy who sold me my unit. He actually went through a whole bunch of safety stuff with me since I made it very clear I was new and didn't know anything about them. Cool guy, spent a long time with me. Batteries seemed to be his biggest concern. Care, charging, storage, etc. I think that anyone against vapes would for sure have at least been impressed with the time he spent and the focus on educating me. When I left, though, my first thought was "why the F would I be carrying loose batteries in my pocket??" ROFL 🤣

Such is the importance of shopping small vape shops with gauged eared, blue haired weirdos and supporting small, local business, and not buying ther stuff in gas stations or Walmart.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Chopped liver in lieu of brains seem a common affliction these days (something has to account for Swift after all...) and there's a personal injury lawyer on every other corner.
Yes sir, absolutely. These days, always assume you're on camera, always assume someone will complain about you, always assume you might get sued.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
As for your kleenex crack here.....all you accomplished is to show your bare butt.
Firstly, I wasn't implying anything about anyone here. I meant that people who get hurt by a product because they didn't follow instructions are idiots. Instructions are there for a reason. Especially when it comes to strong and sensitive batteries. Secondly, I've been told that my bare butt is pretty attractive. Mrs Junkie happens to be quite fond of it 🤣

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
When the truth is well known and easy to explain but the powers that be choose to ignore it and push a ban instead, you know their motive has nothing to do with truth or saving lives.

In this case I'm guessing it's probably just the regular old fashioned "financial incentives" by the tobacco companies.
This is exactly where my mind went. Vaping has put a big hurt on tobacco companies. Money is most definitely exchanging hands here. Not to beat a dead horse, but cigarettes have been known for a very long time to be harmful. To the tune of 500,000 deaths per year. For some reason, those are still here. And after 400 illness cases and a handful of deaths in about a decade a product gets banned? It's as obvious as it gets, bribery and influence are afoot. People have minds that can function correctly and can use logic and reason when not willingly influenced by outside forces. This is just another example of mob mentality at its worst.

Last edited:

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
My point is, how is the vaping industry hurting them when they own such a huge stake in the industry?
That wasn't the case at first. They saw the trend and jumped on board because it was the smartest thing they could have done as business owners. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Keep your profits healthy and stockholders happy. From that perspective I respect it. But those cheap units are very flawed. Any of those units with internal rechargeable batteries are the biggest culprits for injury. Like the Juul, owned by Marlboro. Juul units cost around $40 and are hugely mass produced. My unit resembles nothing even close to those pieces of garbage, is much more safely designed, and has settings that can be closely controlled and monitored to ensure safe operation. Difference is, mine cost me $200. Mine also came with a 45 minute discussion from the guy who sold it to me to insure I knew how to care for it and how to operate it and how to adjust it. He was awesome. But nobody ever talks about responsible folks like that.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
That wasn't the case at first. They saw the trend and jumped on board because it was the smartest thing they could have done as business owners. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Keep your profits healthy and stockholders happy. From that perspective I respect it. But those cheap units are very flawed. Any of those units with internal rechargeable batteries are the biggest culprits for injury. Like the Juul, owned by Marlboro. Juul units cost around $40 and are hugely mass produced. My unit resembles nothing even close to those pieces of garbage, is much more safely designed, and has settings that can be closely controlled and monitored to ensure safe operation. Difference is, mine cost me $200. Mine also came with a 45 minute discussion from the guy who sold it to me to insure I knew how to care for it and how to operate it and how to adjust it. He was awesome. But nobody ever talks about responsible folks like that.
Also, any of those units that use cartridges are extremely suspect. My wife got one that was meant for THC. I made her get rid of it immediately. If you want weed, smoke weed. But you aren't having that thing in your possession, period. It's a garbage unit and a garbage design. Get high the old fashioned way, or get edibles. Not gonna have a dead wife because of poor design. Not on my watch.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Also, any of those units that use cartridges are extremely suspect. My wife got one that was meant for THC. I made her get rid of it immediately. If you want weed, smoke weed. But you aren't having that thing in your possession, period. It's a garbage unit and a garbage design. Get high the old fashioned way, or get edibles. Not gonna have a dead wife because of poor design. Not on my watch.
Once again using one of those units in the manner intended is fine. I have a friend who has been using a Cannibis oil with THC catamizer/vaporizer for years in the manner intended with no ill effects. A couple puffs in the morning and a couple puffs at night. The problem is when people modify it to burn hotter, and longer than intended. So they can blow “clouds” of THC fog.

Using these devices in the manner intended is not as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be. If you look at the small ones the cigarette companies put out and you look at the vape pen/tank designs you never hear of this. I am willing to bet dollars and donuts that the deaths you see are from buildable RDAs and mechanical mods that have no over heat saftey built into them. Such is the case where the guy blew his face off. Also poor storage of batteries is another. Buy a small battery case they’re $4 to keep your spares in so you don’t start a fire.

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Once again using one of those units in the manner intended is fine. I have a friend who has been using a Cannibis oil with THC catamizer/vaporizer for years in the manner intended with no ill effects. A couple puffs in the morning and a couple puffs at night. The problem is when people modify it to burn hotter, and longer than intended. So they can blow “clouds” of THC fog.

Using these devices in the manner intended is not as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be. If you look at the small ones the cigarette companies put out and you look at the vape pen/tank designs you never hear of this. I am willing to bet dollars and donuts that the deaths you see are from buildable RDAs and mechanical mods that have no over heat saftey built into them. Such is the case where the guy blew his face off. Also poor storage of batteries is another. Buy a small battery case they’re $4 to keep your spares in so you don’t start a fire.
Apparently we're on the same page. I'm not a guy who needs bias confirmation but I appreciate someone who has a clear point of view. Use things as intended and you'll most likely be fine, and that applies to ALL products. The Darwin Award is around for a reason. Stupid humans playing stupid games. And as far as the vape cloud goes, never understood why that's cool. I get it a little, I guess, but c'mon. This is a tool to help me quit a 30 year long habit, not a showpiece. My johnson isn't bigger than anyone else's because my cloud is bigger. That's silly. I just wanna kill this habit. Speaking of which, I'm gonna go have a Newport and get ready to roll. I went from two packs a day to a pack every 3 or 4 days. Did that in a couple weeks. I'd say its working for me, mission accomplished. People can do what they wish with this debate. I'm very grateful this option was here for me. I tried patches, gum, hypnotism, all that. This is working, and for me it was a godsend.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
My point is, how is the vaping industry hurting them when they own such a huge stake in the industry?
That's what I mean when I say the gas station crap vs the specialty shop stuff. JUUL and the others are the gas station crap.

The tobacco companies have very little invested int he inventory of the mom and pop shops.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Apparently thats what they need... to sort out the good from the crap. I'm reading that there hasn't been a ton of research done, even on the FDA approved products. With dead bodies lying around, that means the gubbermint is going into overreaction mode, meaning it'll take some time to sort out, especially since they still don't have a clue about why the crap products are killing people. Then they'll want to make sure the regulated products don't have a problem.

cigarettes have been known for a very long time to be harmful. To the tune of 500,000 deaths per year. For some reason, those are still here. And after 400 illness cases and a handful of deaths in about a decade a product gets banned?
Useless observation time... So "safer" is one of those squishy, hard to get your arms around terms. Kinda not hard to claim "safer" if the the competing product is killing half a million a year. The NRA could claim guns are safer than cigarettes! LOL!

I went from two packs a day to a pack every 3 or 4 days. Did that in a couple weeks. I'd say its working for me, mission accomplished. People can do what they wish with this debate. I'm very grateful this option was here for me. I tried patches, gum, hypnotism, all that. This is working, and for me it was a godsend.
Good on you dude!

Steelersjunkie

Pimpin' ain't easy
Supporter
Perfect sentiment in that article. Is what I'm doing a safe replacement? Absolutely not. Am I aware of that? Yup. Is it working? 100%. Thanks for finding that, and thanks for posting it. Look folks, it just comes down to common sense and responsibility. I started smoking at 15. Say what you want, but if you were a kid back then smoking was absolutely the cool thing to do. So I did. Truth is, I stand a really good chance of dying from it even if I quit. 30 years is a long time. But I'll die free. That matters to me a lot. The habit may have killed me, but I died free. Not a slave to a horrible industry. This is my personal plea to everyone protesting this. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. It was invented for exactly what I'm doing. Freedom from the cancer sticks. I remember reading a book a long time ago about a brother and sister who were kinda forced to watch over an old woman during her last days. Don't remember the title and it doesn't really matter. The closer that woman came to death, the meaner she became, to the point where she brought those children to tears. When she passed, the father of those children explained to them that she was fighting an addiction to Morphine. My favorite line from that book still makes me tear up.when I think about it. The son asked why the woman died, and the father said it was because of a terminal illness. It was, and I don't remember what it was. But in that time, Morphine was a normal thing to treat pain. The father explained to his kids that she became hard to deal with because she was quitting the Morphine, she wanted to die clear-headed and free of that drug. But it made her a horrible person and a pain in the ass to deal with. So the son asked if she made it. "Yes son, she died free. And she died happy. And you two made all the difference in the world." I'm going to die free. Don't care why this crap is an issue, but it matters to me. And if my daughter sees a dad that no longer smokes, nobody here will ever have any idea what that will mean to her.

Last edited: