Va apprentice program

usramc

Heard these guys had the va apprentice program. Anybody know if theres any truth to this. Extra money every month is gonna be a big decider on who i choose.

dipstick2

not sure about roehl ...werner and swift have told me it exists ....im still waiting for my gi bill approval letter....2 months now

usramc

You have to get an approval letter? Wtf? I thought these companies were linked in with the va to handle this stuff.

usramc

Yeah i checked roehl was on there. But i couldnt find tmc. I filled out my benefits application this morning so hopefully sometime between now and my benefits running out ill get it.

Sent from a real cummins, a 1st gen!

dipstick2

the applications are in a real mess. more people right now are applying for va education then ever in the history of the va .....be ready for a long wait ....
are you going to trucker school?

DubbleD

Color Commentator
Wasnt' there an article recently regarding a Gov't push to accelerate vets into a CDL?

usramc

It looks like im going to have to go to cdl school just so ill have a truck to test in. I talked to maverick and they dont care how you get your cdl but tmc required school. Im gonna call roehl and ask them. I'd really like to drive with a company at least for a while that gives me my gi bill. But i also want to run flats so that narrows it to roehl and tmc as of now that I know of.
They did start a troops to truckers but it was only on the west coast and i was east coast.

usramc

If i can get a pre hire from them i could get on unemployment and go to cdl school under the workers investment act. That'll probly be quicker than waiting on the va to pay. But I've got a family and bills so i need to get out and make some money.

dipstick2

i hear ya dude ....keep me posted on what you do ....looks like were in the same sinking boat ....and my bucket has a hole in it

usramc

I got an email last night acknowledging that they received my benefits application. So now we'll just wait and see.

Old MP

Another option, if your rated with disability through the VA you can apply for the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program.

parachutes1963

I am waiting on my V A benifits also. I am going with to the Roehl school. If you drive for them for 120000 miles, your tuition is forgiven. They also have the V A apprentice program. They have a person there that helps with V A stuff. His name is Jacob Howey. He has been very helpful. I was going to attend a private school, but with the V A saying that it could take up to 6 months for benifit letters to go out. So instead of waiting I am going this route. I hope this helps.

bmac

I have my cert of eligibility post911 can you go to school on post 911 and then do apprentice with your first company? Anyone done this?

moving

bmac said:
I have my cert of eligibility post911 can you go to school on post 911 and then do apprentice with your first company? Anyone done this?
Ya you can I did. I went with the community college and did my school. Most community colleges will have a rep to handle most of the paper work

bmac

moving said:
Ya you can I did. I went with the community college and did my school. Most community colleges will have a rep to handle most of the paper work
What company did you do apprenticeship with after school?

moving

bmac said:
What company did you do apprenticeship with after school?
You do not need to do the apprenticeship Program. You go to school get License you go to work for company. If you have your cert from the Va already talk to a school the community colleges will have a VA rep that can answer your questions. I am working for swift