Trump Re-Election Talk

Mike

Staff member
Thread starter #1
Figured I would update the countdown clock on the forum and needed a thread to attach it to ;)

oldhippietommy

I voted for him the first time but I don`t know if I`ll vote for him again.He stabbed us truckers in the back and broke it off as far as I am concerned.
He can still redeem himself if he does the right thing

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I have no problem with Trump. I would have more money on when they try to impeach him before they re-elect him.
I am not saying he should or would be impeached, I am just saying I am sure they will try and that will be before any election.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I will vote for Trump, unless hell freezes over and the democrats choose a candidate who isn't a complete and total piece of ****.

oldhippietommy

the demos can`t find anyone who isn`t a piece of crap on their side of the fence.Now they are experimenting with that Kennedy dude.Seems like they a trying to revive their sordid past

joseph1135

Supporter
I will not vote for Lord Cheeto. I didn’t in 2016 and sure as hell won’t do it ln 2020

oldhippietommy

I`m thinking of switching to a 3rd party like most of my friends have
as of now,undecided.
If he redeems himself,yes

never in a million years will I vote for a democrat

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a registered Libertarian. I generally vote Republican because I think fiscal and regulatory (reduction of onerous regulations) issues are more important than social issues. Republicans tend to be about less government and more responsible spending. There have been a very few Democrats who I have liked, but just couldn't bring myself to vote for them. Mainly, it's because i know as soon as they get into office, they'll be all about tax and spend on stupid stuff we don't need and pushing for "social justice," regulating my backyard sprinkler or some other frivolous crusade. The general perception is Republicans want to regulate everything. No, they don't. But they do hve a certain level of tolerance that they won't go beyond. Most of them are fairly reasonable. There are some outspoken Repubs who want us back in the Victorian Age.

Funny, though, that when people find something they enjoy, Democrats step in and start regulating it. Like vaporized nicotine delivery systems. Seems like unless it's sex, drugs or abortion, Democrats want to micromanage everything we do ...and think. That's why I can't bring myself to fill in a circle next to a D on the ballot.

dave350

IF the libertarians would have run a strong candidate in the last election I probably would have voted that way. I line up with the libertarian stance more than the current Republicans. I would consider most Republicans liberals at this point and I’m farther to the right than them and President Trump. The libertarian party has to get its message communicated in a better way to develop a following. The following seems to be getting bigger though.
It’s hard to tell what the next election will bring but I strongly believe we have major choices to make in this country. We have been conditioned to think we can do everything and not pay the consequences of unlimited spoils. This country can fail just like other strong nations that came before us.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
As of right now I’d vote for him again.
I'll vote for him no matter how badly he ****s up.

The reason is simple. The other candidate will be a democrat. Not just any democrat, but the one the rest of the horde of dog **** selected as their favorite.

dave350

I'll vote for him no matter how badly he ****s up.

The reason is simple. The other candidate will be a democrat. Not just any democrat, but the one the rest of the horde of dog **** selected as their favorite.
I won’t vote for a liberal under any circumstance. As far as I’m concerned liberals are pretty much communists at this point. I like the libertarian platform but they need a candidate that can really resonate with the people.

It’s the people that need to change in this country when you get to bottom of it. The more people turn to govt to “fix” problems the worse it gets.

My ideal federal govt is small. Real small. No central bank. No fiat currency. No federal welfare programs. Let the states compete. In order to achieve this we need more than a single president, we need a fundamental shift in society.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I won’t vote for a liberal under any circumstance. As far as I’m concerned liberals are pretty much communists at this point. I like the libertarian platform but they need a candidate that can really resonate with the people.

It’s the people that need to change in this country when you get to bottom of it. The more people turn to govt to “fix” problems the worse it gets.

My ideal federal govt is small. Real small. No central bank. No fiat currency. No federal welfare programs. Let the states compete. In order to achieve this we need more than a single president, we need a fundamental shift in society.
The system is top rigged for a third party to gain any traction.

You saw the way the republican party has been treating an outsider, well that ain't **** compared to what both parties will do to prevent a third party from gaining traction.

Until that problem is fixed, any vote for a third party is a vote that could have been used to keep a communist out of office but wasn't. It's how Ross Perot ruined what would have been a solid defeat for Bill Clinton.

The only hope for this country is to purge the corrupt career politicians like Paul Ryan and John McCain out of the republican party and restore it as the party of freedom and resistance to liberal lunacy that it once was.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
The laws against people buying cigarettes across state lines need to be repealed. If a state taxes the hell out of something, the people have the right to buy it from another state.

Same thing with health insurance but that's a bit too far off topic.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
It's how Ross Perot ruined what would have been a solid defeat for Bill Clinton.
Ross Perot had a really good chance of winning until he pulled out after his daughter's wedding was threatened by Clinton operatives. When he pulled out all those votes started pointing toward HW. So the Clintons bribed him back into the race.

The laws against people buying cigarettes across state lines need to be repealed.
I never knew there was such a law. Stateline, Idaho lives on cross-border cigarette and alcohol sales. And the Tiki Lounge.

joseph1135

Supporter
I can’t believe smart people can look at trump and say, yeah, that guy, good stuff.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't vote for Donald Trump because I thought he was a nice guy. I voted for him because he's an asshole. We've had too many nice guys in that office. And nothing but populist, inconsequential crap has been done as a result. Assholes get things done.

joseph1135

Supporter
Well, no, just no. Donald Trump is a cancer. To the world. To America. To the Republican Party. For those who hate us lefties, when you voted trump, you just handed us 2018 and 2020.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Well, no, just no. Donald Trump is a cancer. To the world. To America. To the Republican Party. For those who hate us lefties, when you voted trump, you just handed us 2018 and 2020.
You guys going to field Hillary again?

:rolllaugh3: