Truckstop Bathrooms "WTF"

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Never ceases to amaze me having to do my buissness at a truckstop
1. The Smell what the hell you folks eating smells like decomposition

2: Always seems to be urine and even fecal matter on the seat actually buy mini canisters of lysol just fer that reason.

3: Considering half the time stall latch is broken EVER THOUGHT OF KNOCKING FIRST RATHER THAN JUST BARGING IN N SAYING SORRY

4: Those autimatic sinks that don't work half the time and ofter filthy

5: Toilet seats torn clean off their pins hanging off porcelan "This may have something to do with todays breed. Of excessively OBESE trucker

TruckingBiker

IF YOU DON'T RIDE, THEN YOU DON'T KNOW!
I have found this to be true mostly with independent truck stops and rest area's in the south. Most Petro's and Flying J's take halfway good care of there bathrooms. But you have to be careful not to put the blame to much on the Truck Stop. My wife constantly is complaining of women, not just truckers either but women travelers that come out of a stall and they have ****ed all over the seat because they don't want to sit on it. Then they will leave without washing their hands.. People have no respect for property that doest not belong to them. They are constantly trashing the bathrooms and writing on the walls. It really is embarrassing.

GAnthony

Sudanese, pie eating, Canadian truck driver
Supporter
Sitting on the
is not something many wish to do, and it's quite simple why..since germs and bacteria are inside the bowl, sitting on one only allows the water to splash up on one's butt, so now you have a chance to "catch something".....

As a result, no one really sits, but squats instead. this now of course leads to things being left onto the seat. Now take into account the times of day when the bathrooms are supposed to be cleaned. Short staffing, maybe poor training, maybe laziness can lead up to a poor cleaning job. This only compounds the problem of more people soiling the toilet and surrounding areas.

Then too comes the lack of toilet paper, so I for one, always took my own with me. When I first started driving, I was caught once, and ONLY ONCE having to use a bathroom with no toilet paper....I had vowed from that day, it'll never happen to me again.

And yes, I too have seen people walk out of the bathrooms, and not washing their hands, and heading for the buffet table...

When ever I would use the buffet table, I'd take a napkin with me and use that to "protect" my hands from the utensils...

Slobs are every where, and YES when one does not have to clean up, or one does not own it, they WILL ABUSE the
:poo: out of it...!!!!

j911brick

Wow...consider yourself lucky. It used to be 100 times worse in the 70s.

As far as washing hands goes: you pick up germs everywhere, all the time. not just the rest room. People should always wash up before eating, but how many really do?

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder

As far as washing hands goes: you pick up germs everywhere, all the time. not just the rest room. People should always wash up before eating, but how many really do?
The best washing solution is hand sanitizer,won't leave home without it.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter

That always amazes me how many drivers use the restroom and leave without washing their hands.Next I see them a the buffet grabbing this and that.It's sad even a 4 year old knows enough to wash their hands.

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Many women believe it or not do the same thing and i'm not at all afraid to say something to them.Most the women that do fail to wash their hands are fat and dumpy anyway that looks like they shop right out of the truckstop dumpsters.I'm not even going to describe what they look like incase someone is eating right now.

boone315

SPACE TRUCKING
5: Toilet seats torn clean off their pins hanging off porcelan "This may have something to do with todays breed. Of excessively OBESE trucker
This is no lie, I dated a nurse once, she told me a story about a drunk who went to sit on a loose toilet seat, it broke a slid to the side, amputating his scrotum. To this day I am frightened of them.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
This is no lie, I dated a nurse once, she told me a story about a drunk who went to sit on a loose toilet seat, it broke a slid to the side, amputating his scrotum. To this day I am frightened of them.
Damn, If your balls hung that low do they wobble to and fro could he tie 'em in knot could he tie them in bow?lol

Racer X 69

That always amazes me how many drivers use the restroom and leave without washing their hands.Next I see them a the buffet grabbing this and that.It's sad even a 4 year old knows enough to wash their hands.
Reminds me of a joke.

A trucker and a broker are using the urinal. The trucker finishes, zips up and heads for the door. The broker calls after him, "Hey, didn't they teach you to wash your hands after peeing in trucking school?"

The trucker asked, "What? Didn't they teach you not to pee all over your hands in broker's school?"

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
I get really frustrated when the only three toilets in a 150 truck capacity truck stop are covered in urine. One day I'm gonna' loose my cool and just crap in the urinal instead of dealing with the mess.

Why, so few toilets in a big truck stop? Aren't there some building codes concerning bathroom facilities vs. occupancy of the business?

boone315

SPACE TRUCKING
I get really frustrated when the only three toilets in a 150 truck capacity truck stop are covered in urine. One day I'm gonna' loose my cool and just crap in the urinal instead of dealing with the mess.

Why, so few toilets in a big truck stop? Aren't there some building codes concerning bathroom facilities vs. occupancy of the business?
Still better then the trough system some of the independents had back in the golden oldies.

Racer X 69

Do it! Do it!

Yes there is. Architectural design standards and municipal codes spell out just how many commodes and urinals are required for a given square footage for businesses. It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but not by much.

And why they never seem to be adequate is beyond me.

bigyellowpete

Town Bike
Supporter

Petro at Fremont, IN comes to mind. Parking for 200 trucks, 3 seats in the house. lots of wasted square footage to sell overpriced geegaws and useless crap though.