Truck Repair Trucklite junction box?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

Anyone running one? I’ll be switching over to this soon, unless someone gives me a better idea.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Search Results

Ok so I called the tech line today. They are a compression fitting, and they have other sizes to choose from. So I guess I need to sort out how many and of what size I need

I hate drilling holes in frame rail. I wish I had a mag drill

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
**** those junction boxes. I have seen them cause more trouble than they are worth. You will have to find the nylon tube that fits those fittings snug. Those bastards hold water. If I owned it I would pull the cover off every couple months and make sure it wasn’t rotting, and spray it with

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
**** those junction boxes. I have seen them cause more trouble than they are worth. You will have to find the nylon tube that fits those fittings snug. Those bastards hold water. If I owned it I would pull the cover off every couple months and make sure it wasn’t rotting, and spray it with

View attachment 47550
It’s got a clear cover to keep an eye on things.

I usually cover everything in dialectric grease in there, you prefer the spray stuff? I use that style on battery terminals

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I may have the pic of the wrong stuff. The spray that is a red varnish becomes a hard enamel like coating on it. It does an outstanding job of protecting things. I had a customer who used to come to the shop I sprayed that red stuff on and 3 years later still didn’t need to clean it. Still red and mostly clean. Little bit of dust on them nothing a can of air duster didn’t clean off.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Yeah I may have the pic of the wrong stuff. The spray that is a red varnish becomes a hard enamel like coating on it. It does an outstanding job of protecting things. I had a customer who used to come to the shop I sprayed that red stuff on and 3 years later still didn’t need to clean it. Still red and mostly clean. Little bit of dust on them nothing a can of air duster didn’t clean off.
There’s different quality levels, the one I use is more purple than red. Usually 3-6 months clean everything off and respray everything. I bought some cheap **** that was too runny and didn’t even last a month

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
The can is shaped like this but I don’t remember the green color on it. One of them puts a gummy coat but I prefer the hard varnish coat. A lot of marine guys use the same stuff on their salt watercraft batteries.

r3gulator3

Staff member
Supporter
There’s different quality levels, the one I use is more purple than red. Usually 3-6 months clean everything off and respray everything. I bought some cheap **** that was too runny and didn’t even last a month
Yes the purple is the gummy stuff I’m referring to. I prefer the red hard varnish.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I always found it better to make sure all my boxes were vented to allow moisture to not build up.

But to also protect all of my lights and connectors from direct spray from tires and such.

Nomad1

I always found it better to make sure all my boxes were vented to allow moisture to not build up.

But to also protect all of my lights and connectors from direct spray from tires and such.
Where is the best place to put the vent holes?

Joker11

Supporter
I made my own and they work great. Plus, everything came from Home Depot and it is cheap to replace.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

I really gotta get this changed out :(

I’ve got two ground posts and now tonight I’ve got two marker light posts. It....works....but it’s a mess