Trucking Trends That Can Go Away Anytime Now...

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK

Ah, young grasshopper, you have much to learn!

Back in the day, all overdrive transmissions had the far gate reversed, with the big hole against the dash. In fact, all the modern ones have the same pattern, below the shift tower. In the left two gates of the pattern, the shift rods move in the opposite direction of the shift knob. But the shift tower has a mechanism that reverses that for the far gate, which puts high gear in the expected place, over and back.
I got an autoshift so I can be an ultra supertrucker. Mine goes in “D” and my foot gets glued to the floor board. The computer makes sure I don’t go no faster than 62 cuz that’s where real super truckers do their crusin’.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
You know what trend can **** off anytime soon?
This habit of new drivers sitting in a yard for like 2 hours and not opening their doors, even on empty trailers.
They will sit there and then when they get a dock door they will line it up and stop exactly where they are blocking the entire yard to walk back and open their doors, Hey asshole you had 2 hours to open your doors and now you are blocking the entire yard.
It must be the way they were taught. i saw one guy open the door that would be next to a trailer and leave the other door closed. He lined it up to the dock, pulled forward so he was blocking the entire yard and then walked back to open the other door. :dunno: :confused2:

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
You know what trend can **** off anytime soon?
This habit of new drivers sitting in a yard for like 2 hours and not opening their doors, even on empty trailers.
They will sit there and then when they get a dock door they will line it up and stop exactly where they are blocking the entire yard to walk back and open their doors, Hey asshole you had 2 hours to open your doors and now you are blocking the entire yard.
It must be the way they were taught. i saw one guy open the door that would be next to a trailer and leave the other door closed. He lined it up to the dock, pulled forward so he was blocking the entire yard and then walked back to open the other door. :dunno: :confused2:
Box yanker problems. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Ya know what else can end? Flabedders spending an hour in the fuel island adjusting their straps 'n chains 'n ****. Common courtesy for everyone else... go park an' do that stuff.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Ya know what else can end? Flabedders spending an hour in the fuel island adjusting their straps 'n chains 'n ****. Common courtesy for everyone else... go park an' do that stuff.
I don’t disagree on that, I don’t know why anyone is ever at a fuel pump longer than to get fuel, def, pull up and take a pee and leave.

Also, Megas and a lot of foreign drivers who will take a 30min or go inside shower, eat lunch, get a massage, talk to their cousin Mohammed. Or he’ll just park there for the night at 1900. That **** could end too. And it don’t matter what kind of wagon they dragging.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I don’t disagree on that, I don’t know why anyone is ever at a fuel pump longer than to get fuel, def, pull up and take a pee and leave.

Also, Megas and a lot of foreign drivers who will take a 30min or go inside shower, eat lunch, get a massage, talk to their cousin Mohammed. Or he’ll just park there for the night at 1900. That **** could end too. And it don’t matter what kind of wagon they dragging.
Yep. Somewhere along th' line, common courtesy took a dive.